Author Topic: PALR Chandalar Lake with black building  (Read 2960 times)

updraft

PALR Chandalar Lake with black building
« on: July 24, 2020, 10:53:45 AM »
Hi

I continue to highly enjoy RTMM places!
Just installed new Chandalar Lake scenery, great place, very nicely done!

However 1 building close to the SPB is just black, textures missing.

Scenery tester on PANT = all ok.

How to fix this building?

Best regards

Ernst

PS Just tried to download latest BWEP library and only get access to FSXP3D WH_BWEP Objects_SW 2_12_17 which,  I think, is outdated

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: PALR Chandalar Lake with black building
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 01:28:10 PM »
Try this link for the correct version of BWEP object library, because yes, the version you referenced is an older version. I'm wondering where you downloaded it from, link-wise.
https://return.mistymoorings.com/bwep/index.php

The textures used for this building are:
restaurant_5a_building_1.dds
restaurant_5a_building_1_lm.dds
restaurant_5a_building_2.dds
restaurant_5a_building_2_lm.dds
restaurant_5a_railing_alpha.dds
restaurant_5a_railing_alpha_lm.dds

The textures with lm at the end are the corresponding night textures.

Do a system search and make sure that you have the textures, which you probably do. If you indeed do, this problem is usually the result of having a duplicates of them somewhere. If you have the textures and the building show up as black, then a quick way to verify is to make COPIES of the above textures and place them in the texture folder in your sim's root folder. If the building displays correctly, then track down the duplicates and add the word "off" after ".dds." Post back and see if this works. If not, we'll try something else.

Steve

Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

updraft

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 04:01:50 AM »
Hi Steve

Exactly as you outlined: the textures are part of the EZ Scenery Library which is correctly shown in the scenery.cfg, but copying them to the main texture folder shows them now perfectly in the scenery.
Thank you!

However, also your link will bring me to the old BWEP Library  "FSXP3D WH_BWEP Objects_SW 2_12_17.zip"
Wrong link or wrong file behind the link.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!
Ernst

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 09:16:03 AM »
You are correct about an older version of the BWEP objects library that the link points to. You can temporarily get it from my DropBox folder, here. I'll leave the link up for a few days.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/liak2tr9bzgguix/FSXP3D%20WH_BWEP%20Objects_SW%205_30_17.zip?dl=0

As for the textures, placing them in the main texture folder verified that you have another set of these textures somewhere else on your system that you should track down and delete. My guess is that you must have another copy of EZ-Scenery somewhere. If so, you should delete it and only use the RTMM approved version. In a nutshell, the RTMM contains everything in the old EZ-Scenery library, but with updated code, etc. that makes it compatible with our scenery. So, the first thing to do is track down where the other possible copy of EZ-Scenery resides and delete it. When that is done, move the problematic textures out of the main folder, where I told you to place them, back to their original location. If you need more help, post back.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 09:17:34 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

updraft

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 03:49:01 PM »
Hi Steve

Thank you for your direct link!

Now I've searched my C, G and F drives where all the files for the simulator are installed.
These  restaurant_5a_* files are defintely only present in the EZ Scenery library and now in the main texture directory of P3D.
Removing the files from the P3D texture directory will result in a black building.
I've moved the EZ directory to a shorter path directory without any effect. These restaurant_5a_* files stay undetected there.
The main texture directory is the solution in my case.

Now I'll leave to the enjoy some days at the real world scenery around LSZS Samedan Engadin airport at perfect weather conditions!

Thank you for great help and best regards

Ernst

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 09:54:10 AM »
Steve ... are we "good" now on the new links on the web page?
Doug