Author Topic: Cigar Box "stalls" after "Start Flight" Button is toggled. No PIREP can be filed  (Read 1772 times)

GL

Norm;

I have had this problem for about two weeks. I cannot file any flights in a half dozen attempts. My attempts at manual PIREP report have been met with "Flight Number not recognized" as well, but that another story and likely caused by my ignorance. Oh Yes...I am unable to close Cigar Box out. I must shut computer down to close it.… Thanks, G.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 09:44:08 AM by GL »

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Manual pireps.. bad flight numbers.no.

the MFC of the flight number is already implied as default so don't use MFC as part of the flight number. 

PS there are connections issues using manual pireps.. Henry working in that one took. Be prepared to wait response for 4-5 minutes then a server error. But then check the site and you'll actually find that the manual pirep did go through.

When cigar box is in process of connecting it won't close. Open task manager, select cigar box and end task. That will close it. Just another issue with our connectivity issues going on as of the last month. Again working on trying to fix a few  connectivity issues but after cigar box fully connects it is fine.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 11:03:36 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

GL

Thanks Norm. I guess I will try filing my flight via manual routine (w/o MFC) as Cigar Box is completely inoperative for me.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Cigar box is operative. What is not working?

Yes it is a bit slow to connect initially when first started but once connected it is fine so give it time.

Pirep filings are instant but the ping back doesn't come back fast enough so it shows as a timeout error but if you look on the site you'll see that your pirep has been filed everytime within 4 seconds or less. So if it doesn't work for you, what doesn't work?  Or is something on your PC correctly setup.

Install it, install fsuipc. And you're done and it works.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:27:21 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

GL

NORM;

All seems fine this morning! Cigar Box functioned just "Like the Good Ole Days".

Below is a clarification of the symptoms I HAD. But no longer experience.

Cigar Box "stalls" after "Start Flight" Button is toggled. The flight and airplane load fine. I then set up flight in FSX and toggle the "Start Flight" button and nothing changes. Cigar Box seems to stop working, I cannot minimize it nor close it out. It behaves as if it is hung up as it tries to begin recording the flight. On a couple of these attempts I have seen some of the flight data appear (flash) in the trip report column, but it disappears instantly. There is never an opportunity to stop the flight nor file a PIREP for the flight as it is never recorded and I cannot end the flight as the Start Flight button is "highlighted."  Cigar Box is inoperable. After the flight I cannot close out Cigar Box and I am forced to do a hard close of it when shutting down my computer.  I have updated "Littlenavmap" and Navigraph "Sim Link" (another Navigraph Sim Link update is asking to install but I have not yet done that), and loaded some RTMM sceneries. Other than that I have made no changes to my computer or any programs in the last two weeks.

All is well now, Thanks for all of your assistance.

G