Author Topic: Activation Error after Acceleration Install  (Read 3025 times)

williamb

Activation Error after Acceleration Install
« on: May 22, 2020, 06:44:09 PM »
Misty Moorings and Misty Flying Club Pilots,

I recently built up a Windows 10 computer (Win 10 pro 64bit, intel i7 4790K CPU, AMD RX 580 8GB graphics card, 32 GB Ram, Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 1 MB) to upgrade from my Windows 7 platform that I have been using for FSX for a number of years.  FSX installed without any problems and I was able to activate the software.   The Acceleration Expansion installed without a problem.  However, on running the software a flag came up with error#1-80004005 listed.  It said the activation screen could not come up and until Acceleration could be activated FSX would only operate for 30 minutes.  I have searched this forum and others and found posts indicating the same problem.  As yet a solution to this error has not been forthcoming.  I would appreciate any thoughts any of you may have.

Thanks
WilliamB

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:46:00 PM by williamb »

tomse

Re: Activation Error after Acceleration Install
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 05:37:51 AM »
Ok
My thought is: why do yo build up a modern system and use an oldtimer Sim?

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

williamb

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 10:08:30 AM »
Tomse,

I have thought about your question.  I Have a Windows 7 system with a large investment in in FSX.  Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10.   Could have gone to Prepare 3D but decided to go ahead upgrade to Win 10 OS  be able to use all my investment in FSX and wait for FSX 2020 to come on line then make big change.

At this point I have little investment in setup of the Windows 10 system.  With the OS, FSX, and graphics card software being the only things installed.  Thus, I could uninstall Win 10 and go to Prepare 3D but want to wait an see if there is work around for acceleration activation.

WilliamB   

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 01:01:34 PM »
WilliamB,
I read somewhere recently, can't remember if it was here, that if you contact MS directly they'll provide you with a way to activate. Worth a try, and good luck.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 01:56:34 PM »
It's Windows 10. Probably..  as long as it was not installed to a windows protected folder should be ok.. . But install as admin if you can. If yiu can't install due to the key .. FSX is/was their also their product band you have key so call them to reactivate your key..
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 02:03:34 PM »
Don't think I'll be bothering with msfs2020. Unless it's free lol ! And better be that any add-on, if they're necessary are also free and it looks so real that you can't tell you're in a sim lol then don't think I'll be wasting my time with it. Lol

williamb

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »
Update on Acceleration Activation:

I completely uninstalled my FSX and Acceleration install.  Followed the direction of article by PMDG on how to completely remove all  FSX entries.  The article can be found under the AVSIM FSX-FSX-SE Forum.  Reinstalled  FSX.  Activated FSX and ran the software to intialize FSX.cfg and check the program as instructed by PMDG.  Then installed Acceleration Expansion Pack.  It activated automatically with no error flags.

WilliamB

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 01:31:41 PM »
Whew.. good Bill. Glad that worked.  So in your case sounds like FSX did not install correctly from the onset  (never correctly registered) hence Acceleration would not correctly install or register.

(Any FSX install or any or P3D version) has almost the exact same 3 sim admin/cfg folders (slightly different in path but really are all the same folder structure which are all on the OS drive which are not uninstalled when the sim is uninstalled.  On in c:\users\yourname\Appdata\Local, one in c:\users\yourname\Appdata\Roaming, and the other in C:\Program Data.

(Also there is the the "Files" folder which is in the documents folder that will also not be removed when the sim is uninstalled).  So if uninstalling any version of these sims- best to remember to manually remove those folders before reinstalling or installing a new version.