Author Topic: May statistics  (Read 1618 times)

kaha

May statistics
« on: May 13, 2020, 08:09:05 AM »
Just saw that I'm not in the May statistics on the Top pilots page. Maybe it's related to the server problems this month?

no worries,
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: May statistics
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 02:11:36 PM »
Yup exactly Karl. (Still working on some major connection stuff - monthly stats in top pilot are not exactly priority right now.. (But I do make sure that the tour stats are up to date and awards are current for each pilot.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 02:22:57 PM »
Perfect. No priority, as you say, Norm.

Karl

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 02:39:01 PM »
I keep all the tour stuff up to date:  You just got:  Karl-Heinz Klotz got MFC0034 Vancouver Island on 2020-05-13!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 03:52:50 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

kaha

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 03:11:27 PM »
Thank you Norm.

Karl

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 01:01:56 AM »
unfortunately Top Pilot is a module that we purchased from a third party developer, who, for what ever reason has gone silent.  Over the years, Top Pilot has probably caused more problems than another program.  With no one to help and no code available, this program could end up being removed.

Of course the same can be said for kaCARS, here again, the developer just up and quit.  And again, we have no code, and no support.

Hopefully both programs will continue to keep working, but there is no guarantee that they will, and it very well maybe that they will have to be dropped or replaced.

Our base program is in the process of being updated, but this is a volunteer effort that has been in the upgrade stage for several years.  Worse, the program is barely able to function on the servers of "normal" companies as they just don't support programs that run on PHP v5.

We have several options including to move the Flying Club to a company that supports and is compatible with virtual airlines. 

Norm and I are working hard on all of this, but progress is slow....and so are the pireps.  I can tell you they file properly, just slowly.  With that said, that is really the only problem...speed.  I am reluctant to make wild changes especially at this time and in fixing things, would end up breaking things...so expect progress...just slowly.  Thanks for your understanding.
Henry