Author Topic: Gauge Replacement Procedure Change  (Read 1759 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Gauge Replacement Procedure Change
« on: May 19, 2020, 06:50:40 PM »
I make my own "mini panels" for flying outside the aircraft.  One gauge ... Cessna!Heading_Indicator ... has stopped working in V5. The settings button will not let you change the heading. This can be fixed by substituting that one with ... C1855!Heading Indicator ... which works in V5, is the same size and works the same.

But there is another change, if you are replacing gauges, that you must know about. Before, when you made a change in a gauge in the panel.cfg file and saved it, you simply went into the sim and clicked on SELECT Aircraft and re-select the one you are working on, when it comes up, the replacement gauge will be there. BUT NOT SO in V5. You cannot see your work by simply doing Select Aircraft ... you must select ANOTHER aircraft first, bring it up, then re-select the aircraft you were working, then you will see the change. Otherwise, no matter how many changes you make, none of them will show if you are simply doing Select Aircraft on the same sim object. 

Heaven knows why it is different in V5 ... but I wanted the very few people who do this to know about it and save themselves an afternoon of trying to figure out why nothing would change.

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Gauge Replacement Procedure Change
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 08:05:11 PM »
Thanks for that tip, Doug!

Rod

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »
Hi Doug

Could you elaborate on the heading indicator change, please? What and where.
I thought I knew how to do it, but I don't. Gauge 5 in Panel.cfg is what I tried to change.
Thanks.

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 04:32:26 PM »
This was on my little external Mini Panel that I've made. But I'm guessing anyone that has a simobject that uses the gauge I mentioned will see that it doesn't work in V5.

Doug