Author Topic: bad session key  (Read 2012 times)

av8erjm

bad session key
« on: May 10, 2020, 05:17:01 PM »
OK now this is a new one to me anyway, on MFC0039 the leg from Bandon S05 ri Gold Beach 4S1 land closed the flight and when I click the  file pirep it comes up Bad Session Key. I'm gonna' go ahead refly it but just wondered what it meant

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: bad session key
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 05:30:53 PM »
That is a new one!! Never seen it before. The Tour and legs looks fine and have no idea what that is or what might have caused it. Restart Cigar Box and wait for complete connection before trying to load that bid.

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 05:58:26 PM »
Went through ok Jim. Got it. (Tour 39-Leg 7 S05 to 4S1) (just approved) so now leg 8 should have opened up for you. All looks ok. (Also see the duplicated pirep- deleted!)

av8erjm

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 06:04:10 PM »
Oh boy, so I re flew that leg again, and didn't get a bad session key, now on my pilots pirep page it shows I flew the leg from Bandon s05 to Gold Beach 4s1, but on the tour page it shows I have now completed the next leg from Gold Beach to Arcata. I recalled this happened once before and you just had me fly it over as a leg or am I thinking of something else.  The more I think about it you just had me fly that leg on my own and resume  on the leg 9 Arcata to Roherville  I apologize for the confusion
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 06:35:09 PM by av8erjm »

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 08:03:15 PM »
Norm got your message, what I was trying to do was ''balance'' my pireps on my pilots page with what was showing on the Tour page. The tour page showed this morning that had flown from 4s1 to kacv, which I had not and their was no entry over on my pilot page on the pireps for that leg. I'm not understanding how do I get the pireps to show on the pilots page otherwise. I believe the foul up was all do  to that bad mission key I had Sunday

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 10:47:55 PM »
For the tours to correctly progress generate the bids and fly then file and the tour leg progression should work just fine. (That is: now that the bids are working again!) (Hopefully now that have caught up all the pilots as far as their tour status, all can resume the tour legs via the bids.. all all should properly progress again!

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 09:21:05 AM »
OK, so if in the future the Box hiccups again and shows I've completed a leg on the tour page but I haven't  just go on to the next leg. It's happened to me twice now. I was just trying to have the pilot page pireps reflect the same

nbrich1

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 02:41:23 PM »
When you load a bid in Cigar Box, make sure the correct bid has been loaded - not the one you just flew.. If in doubt, check your bid on the site for the correct ICAO's and it cigar box is loading the previous leg then close it then re-open it and load the bid again. 

av8erjm

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 04:44:14 PM »
yeah I've been doing that