Author Topic: sumpin' wong  (Read 3057 times)

av8erjm

sumpin' wong
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:34:16 AM »
OK thought I was doing what you said,going all the way back to MFC0036 leg 19 flight number MFC58191, I pulled as much info as I could  from my pirep MFCT00467-6A2 fir the flite from 2wa1 to KCLM, but am getting a error flight code and number you entered is not a valid route. So what should I be putting in the flight number box for manually filing a pirep

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: sumpin' wong
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 12:49:43 PM »
Don't need the exact info.. create the bid and then immediate file the pirep off the bid..  just put .1 for time,
.1 for fuel.. and submit.  (The single flights are already in the system). These manuals just update the tour).

Note: the site is extremely slow when submitting the pirep - likes takes 2 mins or so.. and then you might even get an "unable to connect" or "timeout error" but it will go through. (We still have some connection issues.)

When the manual pirep finally goes through for that tour bid, then go to the next leg and bid that one.. and from there file pirep.. (another manual .1 for time, .1 for fuel and file.   And keep doing it for all that were flown as singles.. until you're caught up/current on that tour.   

Note: If you're filing manual pireps don't include the MFC, cause it is already inferred by the that manul pirep system.

If any problems please yell.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

jmsmth

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 03:07:45 PM »
Norm I just filed first three Tour 41 flights manually but filed each one without bidding on tour leg.  How about deleting all three and will do again right(hopefully).

Jim Smith MFC0010

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »
Ok sir James will do.

Norm

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 06:38:56 PM »
Norm I just saw your emails about bringing me up to snuff. Don't think I don't appreciate it, because I really do. I just wish I understood the reporting sys better. Hope my stumbling around didn't impede your efforts

av8erjm

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »
Norm just for giggles what is the flight number and code that I guess I'm getting wrong

nbrich1

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 07:01:40 PM »
Nah, All good Jim - I figure you are starting tour 38 ?. I just finished catching you up on 37 in the tour stats..(and award done).   If that is correct.. just join 38 and bid on tour leg 1.. and fly the bid as normal.   

(The tour bid and it's completion is the only way tour legs get completed. (The single flights are just that and don't have anything to do with the tour stats.. but I put those single flight schedules in the flight system so that there is opportunity to fly legs over and over if so desired - and if anything happens to the bid system, like in this recent outage, the single flight legs can sub-in of sorts - which are the exact same as the tour legs can be flown although they don't actually update the tour stats. Now that the bid system is back up and running. we just up the tour with quick manual entries and refer to the single flights logs).   

Confused yet?

(I followed your progress and filed several manual pireps under your name to catch you up - took a while - cause there is another type issue that will have to be investigated.  (That is - the connection for filing manual pireps into the system is taking exceedingly long for some reason). We don't usually use that manual system to file pireps but will have to investigate it cause something is definitely hanging them up)   

Norm

jmsmth

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 10:34:03 PM »
Norm I have finished the first 3 legs of Tour 41.  Am ready to fly Leg 4.  Guess I really don't understand the process.  Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Jim MFC010

nbrich1

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 11:45:47 PM »
Jim Ryan - Caught up now in the Tour stats >  Now updated to Tour 38 >  Ready to start Leg 9.
(Resume via the tour leg bids.)

Time for zzz.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(James will catch you up in the am > (Up to Tour 41 - Starting at Leg 4).

(Harry Yang - will catch you up tomorrow too > Tour 10 complete - and up to Tour 11 > Starting at Leg 7
(Flight MFCT00114-6A1 done)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:42:47 AM by nbrich1 »

nbrich1

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 06:22:08 AM »
Oh James - You're caught up in the tour status - Ready to start Leg 4 of Tour 41.
(Resume via the tour leg bids)

Norm
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:42:56 AM by nbrich1 »

nbrich1

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 08:38:30 AM »
Oh Harry- You're caught up in the tour status - Ready to start Leg 7 of Tour 11.
(Resume via the tour leg bids)

Norm
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:43:09 AM by nbrich1 »

av8erjm

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 09:11:56 AM »
A big thanks to Norm n' Henry for all the work they do behind the scenes to keep this hobby up n' running. RTMM is the best site I've been associated with, you have question or a problem and there is always someone here to help and assist. So  once again Congratulations  to one n' all

Vincederio

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 12:29:18 PM »
YESSSS!!!!!! we can never thank them enough.
un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien. M.D.

nbrich1

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 01:30:51 PM »
Check your email Vincent - I have some work to do getting your stuff caught up too!

Thanks sir

Norm

jmsmth

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 02:01:56 PM »
Thank you Norm.  There are so many members of this RTMM/MFC community that do so much for those of us who need help.  Thank you all. 

Jim Smith