Author Topic: ORBX Terraflora  (Read 7196 times)

kaha

ORBX Terraflora
« on: May 07, 2020, 08:07:19 AM »
Actually I thought it would do more to a realistic impression of the Flora in areas like this one (Yakataga in Alaska PACY), as you can see in the attached video. My expectation was a bit higher. I already owned Trees HD, so the upgrade was not too challenging for my pocket, at least.

https://vimeo.com/415894089

There is a change, though,  in other sceneries like PAJN (Juneau). Light green bushes grow there now.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: ORBX Terraflora
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 11:10:19 AM »
I had already Terraflora v1 and TreesHD.

Actually I have Terraflora v1 installed in v4.5HF3 and TreesHD in WIP v5HF1....

In VR you can see big difference between the two products. Terraflora looks much better then. Helo NOE flying just above treetops is really nice with them.

TreesHD are also  very nice, compared to default trees, but appear more pixelated, compared to Terraflora, in my opinion. In VR it makes a difference in my opinion.

I will purchase Terraflora v2.......There are Discounts on purchase for owners of Terraflora and owners of TreeHD....I guess the Discount will not be doubled for owners of both ;) ;D

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 06:07:06 AM »
I had already Terraflora v1 and TreesHD.

Actually I have Terraflora v1 installed in v4.5HF3 and TreesHD in WIP v5HF1....

In VR you can see big difference between the two products. Terraflora looks much better then. Helo NOE flying just above treetops is really nice with them.

TreesHD are also  very nice, compared to default trees, but appear more pixelated, compared to Terraflora, in my opinion. In VR it makes a difference in my opinion.

I will purchase Terraflora v2.......There are Discounts on purchase for owners of Terraflora and owners of TreeHD....I guess the Discount will not be doubled for owners of both ;) ;D

it's free for the owner they have purchase terra flora , just migrate your product  to ORBX

look this screen

[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 06:40:13 AM »
I guess it‘s TerraFlora v1 is migrated to ORBX Central. ThevDevelopper Turbulent designs do no longer develope products for Home Flightsimd...They Announced this reccently on their Forums....their existing products, TerraFlora v1 included, will now by distributed by ORBX.
I guess this one can only be activated for P3dv4 via ORBX Central.

TerraFlora v2 is a new in ORBX product and can be activated via ORBX Central vor P3dv4 and P3dv5.

I haven‘ tried copying TerraFlorav1 into P3dv5 manually......as I have actually some more serious problems with this platform.......

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 08:08:44 AM »
Orbx guys have just combined the old ORBX HDTrees with the Turbulent Designs Terraflora v1 to create ORBX Terraflora v2- and added a control panel to change seasonal textures of those same trees. 

There is some elevation problems at some airports in v5 (but vector - the previous elevation adjustment tool is not supported in v5. V5 has the new airports listing: Updated to reflect current ICAO as well as the real world updated lat/long locations. This is a good good thing but it will take a bit of time to get other apps to be updated to use the same airport table. 

Also some still experiencing DX-GUI timeout errors with v5 HF1.

What problems are you having in v5 Klaus?   
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:14:47 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 09:59:34 AM »
Hi Norm,

What happens when you have a DX-GUI timeout error?  I have not heard of it before.

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »
P3Dv4x and above on Win10 64bit, Nvidia GTX1080ti with latest drivers. It's called DXGI hung error.

The problem: an app called TDR checker monitors the computer’s hardware, particularly the GPU. When the GPU stops responding with the computer for 2 seconds TDR checker restarts the driver if GPU is under load; (It's like a time out - and if the app exceeds the time out the GPU graphics driver is stopped - then restarted.

But if you in an application like P3Dv4x+ the stopped driver results in "DXGI hung error".
(Display driver not responding)

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/hpc/Working-around-TDR-in-Windows-for-a-better-GPU-computing-experience-777/

(If you don't get it that's a good thing!!).  I haven't had it either ('Touch wood"!) but I just finished working on a guys PC in Florida yesterday am:. A fresh P3Dv5x install -(GPU GTX1080TI), and on first start this error).

So until HF2 is done for users that experience this fatal error in the sim: a fix that is supposed to work (But not exactly for the novice user to do), is to create a sub key:(TDS entry) in the windows registry to nullify the TDS timeout so that the graphics driver is not stopped).   

Will post the method here but again not for novice PC users so please only implement if you know how and are ok with editing your registry.

How to:
- Exit all Windows based programs,
- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above.  (If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation).

- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

That should disable the TDR Detection/GPU Driver timeout.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 02:18:29 PM »
Orbx guys have just combined the old ORBX HDTrees with the Turbulent Designs Terraflora v1 to create ORBX Terraflora v2- and added a control panel to change seasonal textures of those same trees. 

There is some elevation problems at some airports in v5 (but vector - the previous elevation adjustment tool is not supported in v5. V5 has the new airports listing: Updated to reflect current ICAO as well as the real world updated lat/long locations. This is a good good thing but it will take a bit of time to get other apps to be updated to use the same airport table. 

Also some still experiencing DX-GUI timeout errors with v5 HF1.

What problems are you having in v5 Klaus?   

Hello Norm,
I did understand the TerraFlora v2 also as you described. For me the only  profit  will be the P3dv5 combatability. I don’t really warnt to mix the TerraFlora Textures with the TreesHD, as the TerraFlora textures are looking better.....I wouldn‘t pay the full price for it. But with the discount price I give it a try.

Your Infos about DX-GUI timeout are very interesting. Never heard of it before. You should inform the LM developpers. I guess, they don‘t know about it, too.

I have extremly bad blurried textures and after some time in Flight, about 10-15 minutes, in v5HF1. This is really strange and the sim is not usable for me.
This didn‘t Happen with v5 initial Release. Even v4.5HF3 works way better for me. I found a thread on the LM Forums today......

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 03:39:04 PM »
P3Dv4x and above on Win10 64bit, Nvidia GTX1080ti with latest drivers. It's called DXGI hung error.

The problem: an app called TDR checker monitors the computer’s hardware, particularly the GPU. When the GPU stops responding with the computer for 2 seconds TDR checker restarts the driver if GPU is under load; (It's like a time out - and if the app exceeds the time out the GPU graphics driver is stopped - then restarted.

But if you in an application like P3Dv4x+ the stopped driver results in "DXGI hung error".
(Display driver not responding)

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/hpc/Working-around-TDR-in-Windows-for-a-better-GPU-computing-experience-777/

(If you don't get it that's a good thing!!).  I haven't had it either ('Touch wood"!) but I just finished working on a guys PC in Florida yesterday am:. A fresh P3Dv5x install -(GPU GTX1080TI), and on first start this error).

So until HF2 is done for users that experience this fatal error in the sim: a fix that is supposed to work (But not exactly for the novice user to do), is to create a sub key:(TDS entry) in the windows registry to nullify the TDS timeout so that the graphics driver is not stopped).   

Will post the method here but again not for novice PC users so please only implement if you know how and are ok with editing your registry.

How to:
- Exit all Windows based programs,
- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above.  (If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation).

- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

That should disable the TDR Detection/GPU Driver timeout.

Interesting....hope I don't get that before Lockheed fixes it!

Rod

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 03:48:21 PM »
I'm seeing the elevation problem at PACY, the green grass runway is about 2 feet above the real runway. Interesting. (Norm mentioned this).

I hate losing the bright green color of the Misty Amphibian ... this is the color I get in V5. The blue of the BWEP beaver looks almost the same. (Upping the saturation overcolors the water and sky).

Also picking up some blue outlines around the trees.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:56:16 PM by Doug »

kaha

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 03:54:35 PM »
Hmm... that's strange. Alitalia planes keep their green color. Something is totally wrong here with V5.
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 04:01:30 PM »
Yup lots of elevation problems for sure.. at 7AK and PAVD - (Valdez) Elevation problems at both of these airports too..

Blue/white hazy around the trees and around some objects.... close the sim. Delete the shaders folder and the prepar3Dcfg file.

After you do that.. fix the colors:
To that gray plane Doug, It's pbr lighting/reflections:
1. zoom in
2. Turn down your brightness to @ .55 .60   (For most PC monitors anything over .75 is way too bright and washes out the coloring.
3. turn up your saturation to @ .95 and you should see green! 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:06:27 PM by nbrich1 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 04:17:52 PM »
That's a different PLANE livery. That's the new Misty Beaver not the older one.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 04:19:58 PM »
Yes, I had the wrong plane loaded, the colors are fine on the NEW Misty Amphibian ... my bad!  And Norm's color settings (with a little more brightness for my monitor) are looking much better.

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:25:21 PM by Doug »

MTN1794

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 09:59:59 PM »
Thanks nbrich1 for your insights and knowledge base.  You and the others are a great help.  Thanks again.