Author Topic: Blue Outline on Trees?  (Read 2344 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Blue Outline on Trees?
« on: May 09, 2020, 05:38:35 PM »
Any ideas why you would see blue outlines on the trees? I have Terraflora2 and Trees HD (Using one or the other), but this happens with both. By the way, Terraflora gives me a 30 fps HIT more than Trees HD

Doug
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:43:18 PM by Doug »

kaha

Re: Blue Outline on Trees?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 05:53:16 PM »
Yes its a known issue. There are also white outlines sometimes, especialy around dark mountain peaks in fronz of lighter clouds.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

kaha

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 11:15:15 AM »
Mountain example:

Karl

Doug

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 12:13:00 PM »
Interesting.  Well they've got some tweaking to do. But I'm starting to think this upgrade was worth the bucks. When the first P3D came out, it was a MESS! All kinds of OOM, CTD, etc. So this "update" is really not too bad. I think they need to do more work on the water.  I'm at the point where I'm now flying it (with MFC) instead of tweaking it. It runs very smoothly.

Doug

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 02:29:55 PM »
To remove that misty blue, try deleting the shaders folder. That will help.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 02:34:30 PM »
Aha,  the shaders culprit again!  :-)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »
Every single time you add or remove scenery (no matter what scenery), every time you change/replace a graphics driver... must delete the entire shaders folder and the sim will re-build them on next startup. This ensure that the sim has the most current shader requirements it needs to correctly create the graphics display.   Easy to do, but most don't do this hence their graphics distortions.

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\ Shaders << delete the folder. DONE>

Easiest is to just create a shortcut on your desktop to the shaders folder. Then when you want to delete the shaders folder it's just a click/delete/ close the explorer- DONE.   Easy as pie.    Start your sim and you get updated shaders which are optimized for your current scenery configuration.

Now if you see an issue like this, close sim, delete the shaders - and start up your sim but the new shaders haven't corrected a graphic distortion then it's not the shaders - but something else that is causing the graphical distortion like incorrect layering or bad scenery files!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 09:45:18 PM »
Nope, the blue outlines are still there. They'll fix it. But I'm glad to have that shader delete link again, made the shortcut, and will do that after running V5.  Good idea. It builds back quickly the next time you load it, takes about 20 seconds.

kaha

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 01:53:15 AM »
Someof those strange outlines in V5 are related to enhanced atmospherics. Maybe it disappears when switching it off.

Karl

Doug

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 08:17:14 AM »
I have mine off,  still blue.  When I turn on the atmospherics I get white fuzzy flickering mist around dark objects.  And if I've been flying and turn them on,  I get a black screen. Telling me I don't have the bytes for it. They'll fix the blue outlines.  After watching how much they fixed right after the first P3D release,  it was amazing how quickly they had updates.  Surprised we aren't seeing more  problems,  they have done a good job on this for a first rollout.

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 11:23:21 AM »
The outlines are present in v5 on TerraFlora and TreesHD no matter you delete shaders....I do that regularly and didn‘t get them disappear. I think they are also present in 4.5 as white outlines, but as not as prominent as in v5......I‘m counting on v6 for this issue. Maybe the get the outlines appear there in green, then they would fit nicely with the green coloured trees 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals