Author Topic: Update MFC  (Read 2344 times)

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Update MFC
« on: April 30, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »
Hello to all,

I appears that the migration to the new server broke several links that are hard to find and introducing a slew on errors although most are not affecting the operational part of the site.

When we created MFC, we added a new module at that time allowing us to creat Tours that were a packaged group of flights that then could be bid....which really was noting more than a fancy way to populate Cigar Box. As the active pilots already know, the flight are still working and available by flight number. 

At this time, I am suggesting that we revert to flying by flight number for all flights, and when you complete your tour, post in the forum (there is a space already) to let us know and receive your award. 

By taking this plan we avoid shutting down while we figure out a solution.  There are some issues with the hosting platform and new software allowing a modest up date. So with this plan, we can test the update or even the new beta version of the software that is coming....just not soon. 

Unfortunately there are life issues that prevent this from being a full time job, but please know we are working on the issues and while this suggestion isn't perfect, it is what we have always had in the past.  Hopefully this will be one step back and three steps forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
Henry

kaha

Re: Update MFC
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »
Thank you Henry, I'll do as suggested by you.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

RCFlyer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »
How do I get to the flight plans for Tour 41 so I can fly them by Flight Number?

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:51:49 PM »
Pay lots of money so we can get a new server and will trade you for a set of flight plans for tour 41? lol. J/k

I'll activate the Tour so it will show in tour center and will also turn on the download for tour 41 (which has the FP # in the tour documents as well as right on the FP themselves). 
Stand by...

DONE. Tour 41 is up and available. (Had to do a edit on the tour as the previous prerequisite conditions required to fly the excursion is no longer possible to fulfill in our current situation). 

For all those pilots that fly the tours or excursions: if you receive an advisement when you are trying to sign up on a tour - that you can't sign up because you don't have the prerequisite tours just yell and I'll fix it.

(At this point (with the tour leg bids not working) this also affects the tour legs progression, tour completion, auto-awards function and the prerequisites to fly the next tour that I had previously established when building the tours- so will have to edit almost every tour to remove those conditions). 

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:29:10 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

RCFlyer

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
Norm....money on way....really,,,,,,trust me......

Anyway, thanks.

Danny

Vincederio

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 03:04:40 PM »
Dear Norm and RTMM team.
Thank you again and again for everything you do so that we can always enjoy this RTMM gem. Frankly, I think there is nothing better. That said, how can we help you? Is there a paypal link so that we can send you a modest contribution?
Hoping that everything will be repaired soon. The Frenchy owe it to you ... ;)
Vince
un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien. M.D.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 03:45:15 PM »
Thank Vincent. Right now the critical thing is to get the bids/etc working. (Henry working on it).
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 12:38:35 PM »
Front page at the bottom is a donate link.

Thanks for your kind words and generosity. It's much appreciated.