Author Topic: cigar box giving an error  (Read 2911 times)

av8erjm

cigar box giving an error
« on: April 27, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »
The cigar box is still giving me fits. When I finish a leg, it gives me a connection time out window, but yet when I go to look on the tour center page it shows I can sign up for the next leg. Which I do, but the cigar box  keeps putting me on the leg I just finished,  and I have to completely shut down the cigar box and reopen to get it to accept the new leg. That until now, now I am on the last leg of MFC0036 from 2wa1 to KCLM and no matter what I try, it instead of it showing schedule found, it just keeps saying try again, over n' over . One other quick question before i close, is the cigar box somehow tied into the FSUIPC

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: cigar box giving an error
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 08:52:42 PM »
Yes there is so much data cigar box is getting a time out error.. or try again error.. (The pireps is sent in like 5 secs but the ping back to cigar box is exceeding the time out - hence the cigar box pop -up.

So when you get that, just check the site - and you'll usually see that your pirep has made it to the site and then just stop cigar box and close it..  re-bid the next leg.. and start up cigar box and it will load that new current leg.

Cigar box needs fsuipc to connect to the sim - but if you disconnect cigar box, fsuipc does not get disconnected and stays intact connected to your sim and to anything else that is connected to it. 

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:57:01 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

John

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 09:51:46 PM »
Norm, I'm having trouble getting a bid into cigar box.  I'm set to start leg 13 of MFC0034 in FSX SE.  When I go to view my bids it says I have none.  Then when I go to details for leg 13 and check fly leg it tells me the leg is already there, but it's not.  So I can't get a bid into cigar box ???  Help please :'(

John

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:59:17 PM »
John - we just cleared all the site bids - cause we are trying to clear a bad bi: probably just cleared your bid too just after you created it but right now working on that problem of bids saying they have been created but the bids say there is no bids. Henry working on it in the database.   

Try it again John and report findings. (I just tried one for my next leg on tour 40, and am getting the same thing- bids says created but no bid. 

(A bad bid in the system we suspect or a connection issue, not sure yet - we just cleared all the bids as well as the cached to try to purge the bids).  Either a problem with the bid system or something that is blocking bids from being generated. (Working on it)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 11:22:09 PM by nbrich1 »

John

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 11:21:23 PM »
Hi, I get the green check mark but no joy in cigar box ::)

John

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 11:27:13 PM »
Ya me too. (And also notice that cigar box is slower in initially connecting to the site when cigar box is started  and no bid available to be loaded. The "try again" prompt). But if I bypass the bid system, I can type in a flight # and it will draw (but tours only work by bid so working on it!) .

John

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 12:00:51 AM »
Ok, my middle name is Patience (LOL) so no problem ;) maybe fly tonight, maybe tomorrow 8)

John

nbrich1

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 08:00:55 AM »
Glad you hear John.. And all is so confusing and uncertain in these times we all have to be patient! Still trying to determine the issue with the bid system.

MFC0046

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 01:50:58 PM »
I am having the same problem Norm.

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »
I think we have the issue narrowed down, but of course as soon as I say that, it will go another direction.  The good news is that on the test site, all is well.  Reloading the entire module today.

Henry

av8erjm

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »
OK I'm must be doing something wrong I go to the tour center page and click on the detail and then click on the fly leg and it says accepted, then when I go the flite sim and cigar box When I type in the leg number MFCT00467-6A2 it comes up and says schedule not found so what am I missing now

nbrich1

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 10:21:56 PM »
You aren't doing anything wrong- (my fault-didn't have the system leg activated/turned on). Thanks Jim. It is turned on now so that schedule will now show available and will draw/load the flight when MFCT00467-6A2 is entered the flight# field. (Settings > Search by Flight Numbered <checked>)

Response time might be slow to/from cigar box. (Working on the connections/links and trying to fix the bid issue(s).

Norm

av8erjm

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 10:19:05 AM »
OK thanks,  I guess this is the ''New Normal'' that we are hearing about here in the states LOL

kaha

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 03:20:51 PM »
Hello, I had a strange thing today, twice. I did some charter flights. After finishing 2 of them I noticed that cigar box was not responding any more and that it had shown multiple log lines at takeoff time already.

Can this be related to the work you do right now or should I check my setup?

Thx,
Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

nbrich1

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 05:10:36 PM »
Henry is troubleshooting the server - that includes unplugging cigar box periodically - hence connectivity issues or lack thereof.