Author Topic: AI Enhancements  (Read 4523 times)

MTN1794

AI Enhancements
« on: April 23, 2020, 11:51:09 AM »
Just a quick question.  Before I try and install any of the enhancements (AI) I was wondering if they are still working with P3D v5.  Are there some that are outdated now?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: AI Enhancements
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »
Yup, so far so good .. so far if shows working in P3Dv4, seems to work just fine in P3Dv5x. (That is - so far in v5)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 07:27:23 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MTN1794

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 08:07:43 PM »
Thank you.  I haven't tried looking at the AI traffic yet, but P3D v5 loaded up fine.  The only thing I found so far is there was more than one boat title: AI Vessel FSX Canadian1.  The two folders involved were AI Vessel TF Fishing Boat FSX and the AI Vessel Fishing Boat.  I just changed one of the title entries to AI Vessel FSX Canadian10 and that fixed the conflict.

MTN1794

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 08:33:45 PM »
Seems to be working fine.  The only problem is an old one: a red wake coming behind the British Progress tanker.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 09:42:00 PM »
V5 is more thorough than v4 was for finding duplicate title names. Once all the dup titles are found and changd or the 2nd is deleted all works fine with no errors.

MTN1794

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 11:08:56 PM »
The fix for red wakes worked fine.

MTN1794

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 12:54:26 AM »
After adding all the AI traffic files to World Scenery for v5, I have found that the bgl file trafficMistyGarbage causes a CTD when loading up a test flight from PANT to PAKT.  Removing that bgl file solved the problem.  All other bgls work fine.

kaha

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 06:10:30 AM »
I don't have problems with that .bgl file when loading up a flight at PANT, going to PAKT.

Karl
i9-9900K@5.0 | RTX 3080TI | 55" 4K | MSFS2020

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 09:34:28 AM »
Hi MTN1794,
     I thought that "trafficMistyGarbage.bgl" was obsolete.  It is known to cause CTD. 
     I see it is still offered in the AI Enhancements.  It is from 2011.  Dex made it. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:41:08 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

MTN1794

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 10:56:56 AM »
The Misty Garbage AI is still listed for download in the Enhancements section.  I had that way back in my mind when I asked if the AI files were still all good for v5.  I'm glad haha got his to work, but mine had a CTD several times until it was removed

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 05:02:01 PM »
I assumed you had already updated the AI models for use in P3Dv4x that were done and made know almost a year ago - now.

ALL of the updated for use in P3Dv4x which will also now apply to P3Dv5x are in The getting started the P3Dv4x section Step tables:

LINK for P3Dv4 Updates: https://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#10
EVERYTHING IN RED HAS TO BE DONE OR IT WILL CRASH IN P3DV4X (AND/OR now P3Dv5x)

This is for the RTMM AI traffic models as well as the AI models for Tongass X.
Green is optional but best to do, RED is Mandatory to do if your using P3Dv4x (or the latest P3Dv5x) to prevent CTD.

Manditory: > AI Aircraft for Tongass X - (For P3D V3 & V4)

Manditory: > veh_Mega_Yacht_sm - (For P3D V4)

Manditory: > veh_Garbage_Barge_sm - (For P3D V4)

This changes the models from FS98/FS9 to FSX Native models that won't CTD P3Dv4x and up.
Do this and that will stop the CTD. 

PS: For Tongass you also have to add the 40 terrain cfg entries (Applies to P3Dv4x and up).
And NOTE: Don't just copy over the same terrain.cfg file from P3Dv4x over to P3Dv5x because the contents of the terrain.cfg file are different - IF you do you will get distorted terrain/LC layering issues).

Norm
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:07:06 PM by nbrich1 »

MTN1794

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 11:59:02 PM »
Thank you nbrich1.  I've been in v. 4 for so long I'd forgotten to look at the getting started section.  Good note!

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 07:26:29 AM »
Thank you nbrich1.  I've been in v.4 for so long I'd forgotten to look at the getting started section.  Good note!

No problem. but if you have been running P3Dv4 for a bit but still had the all very old models in your system and CTD when flying this RTMM area or in the Tongass coverage area, then you probably also have all the old RTMM Libs and all the old RTMM add-on scenery pieces etc in your sim too, all of which have been updated in the last year and you should re-do it all so that you have the latest/current setup for RTMM. 

Norm

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 08:48:17 AM »
Seems to be working fine.  The only problem is an old one: a red wake coming behind the British Progress tanker.

PS: IF you use that RED Wake fix - make sure you apply the ground decal fix to each of them so they don't ever run vertical. 

(Actually that is the cause but I have fixed them so (added the ground decal to each requiring), so just grab the fixed which is attached to this post).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doug can you post this updated red-wake (with the vertical fix also applied) file.

(Page: https://www.return.mistymoorings.com/shipping/index.php)
(Scroll down to:    NOTAM - Prepar3D Users Only - Wake Effects Update - 06.27.2014
"Click on the button to the left to download an update to the Marine Shipping Package. This is an "effect" folder. Copy the effects and paste them into your "effects" folder for your flight simulator .. overwrite if asked. This fixes some of the red wakes that were reported."

Norm

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 08:52:54 AM by nbrich1 »