Author Topic: Prepar3D Version 5 - Discussions, problems, etc  (Read 7816 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Prepar3D Version 5 - Discussions, problems, etc
« on: April 18, 2020, 10:54:16 AM »
Prepar3d has come out with a new V5 platform. We do not know what problems may be encountered with the new platform and RTMM. So we are giving those of you trying P3DV5 a place to talk about what you are seeing. You can, of course, put in what you LIKE as well as DISLIKE.  We are told there may be some problems with effects and wakes, etc. Hopefully, those of you who experience a problem like this can keep us posted.  At this point, I (Doug), have P3D V3 and P3D 4.5.  I need V3 so we can still manipulate the scenery with the old Instant Scenery 3 program (it doesn't work in P4). So I am personally hesitating to add the 3rd platform to my computer at the moment.

We would love to hear your comments on the new program so we can make decisions for the future.

Beaufort

• See You in the skies...
Re: Prepar3D Version 5 - Discussions, problems, etc
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 10:54:15 AM »
Hi,
I´ve installed all of RTMM and most places I already had time to visit with v5 work well. Here what I recognized:
Kildala River Gorge helicopter platform on powerline: Terrain issue, when trying to land I get thrown underneath the powerline.
Regards Rainer

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 11:00:33 AM »
Have you turned OFF the "Crash" feature? 

Doug

gregmorin

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 07:14:53 AM »
Overall, P3DV5 is an improvement over P3DV4. The new rendering engine has brought a significant increase in performance and clarity of rendering while maintaing reasonable backward compatibility. There are growing pains which LM is addressing. Once my core aircraft from PMDG and Milviz are updated I will uninstall P3DV4. RTMM was effortlessly installed using the xml method from P3DV4 and looks great.

Greg

Beaufort

• See You in the skies...
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 03:17:03 PM »
Have you turned OFF the "Crash" feature? 

Doug
Sure ;) ...
Regards Raiiner