Author Topic: Good news and Bad news  (Read 2112 times)

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
Good news and Bad news
« on: April 14, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »
Hi again,
The good news is the server migration is finished.....the bad news is that it broke our web site.  I have worked on all afternoon and are still working on it.  Hang in there, failure is not an option.  Norm and I are sorry for this burp....the first big one since the Flying Club took off so to speak.  Troubleshooting is a slow process.....we will keep you posted.

Henry

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
We have lift off
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 08:36:55 PM »
The migration was a success but the new server was refusing our connection.  A little help from the server provider and we are back in business....and it had nothing to do with any virus!  I won't say that there won't be any problems, there are bound to be a few burps, but an initial look, things look like they were.  Norm is already testing while I am busy checking the new site to the old one.

So fly one and let us know if you are having any problems.

Be safe...and Fly lots....and P3Dv5 is out....but their web site is having problems .....we know the feeling.

Henry

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Good news and Bad news
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 09:03:08 PM »
Yay, . . . growing pains.   :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 07:34:26 AM »
Now more growing pains. NOT really but the site when down last night and is still down:

The site was up and running fine after migration BUT now the host provider itself may be having some problems that is affecting our site. Like someone tripped over the plug in the wall and yanked it out?

Henry investigating and will follow-up the hosting provider asap.

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

tomse

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
Bad news:
2020_04_14 yesterday: able to login, but Cigarbox freezed during flight and couldn't get reanimated.
2020_04_15 today: unable to login

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 12:29:15 PM »
Henry is working on it with the Host provider. That is causing the Cigar Box connection issue as it can't connect to the site. Oh boy! a definite pain in the.. flying time!  Should be up shortly!! > Up now- 1640 zulu)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:43:34 PM by nbrich1 »

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 01:07:41 PM »
Back up and running.....for those who wonder what is going on, the short version is that our new and improved server thinks it knows better and upgraded our server php version....bad server.  It is also running an unwanted script so the two things together trashed the website.  For some reason the memory allocation was reduced, so I need to make some adjustments.  Hopefully the site will remain functional while this happens.

Both Norm and I thank you for your understanding.

Henry

Rangerick

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 02:17:31 PM »
AMAZING work Guys !!!!!

nbrich1

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 03:59:41 PM »
For those wondering - the MFC site and associated modules as well as Cigar Box are all back up and running as intended. (Thanks Henry for pressing the big boys to get our server up and running again! and for doing some site adjustments! Nice work.)

Now, there is a new version of P3D. (P3Dv5x). Cigar Box will connect for that version using the new FSCUIP v6 for P3Dv5x.  (And as well connects to all previous sims: FSX-using FSUIPC v4x and P3Dv1-4x using FSUIPC v5x).   

Norm

av8erjm

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »
Cheers and atta' boys

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 08:32:00 PM »
Thank you for the cheers....I am having a nice vanilla bourbon porter....brewed right here at home!!! 

Norm is quite correct....the website is Prepar3Dv5 ready and moving to a new server has given us more resources.  I still would like more speed, but you should see an improvement.  I am very pleased with v5, using the xml method of both scenery and airplanes....even those with installers.  If all of your files for all scenery and airplanes are in .xml format, then a complete install will take 10 min after the program is loaded....and it's easy to add and remove.  Cigar Box seems happy and pireps are filing....just keep in mind that the problems of slow filing still exists and there isn't much we can do much about that....we don't have the source code for Cigar Box. 

Enjoy your next flight.
Henry