Author Topic: Cigar box cannot find my schedule after bidding flight  (Read 1749 times)

Har336

Cigar box cannot find my schedule after bidding flight
« on: April 11, 2020, 03:40:06 PM »
Just signed up Tour #7 and bid on the first leg. After starting and logging into Cigar box, clicking on "get flight data" produced a "try again" message, instead of the usual "schedule found". Then I tried it again after restarting my computer but the issue remains the same. The bottom left of Cigar box shows the red "good connection" and I also have two green check marks. I also went back to the Tour Center on the website and checked flight bidding. Clicked on "fly the leg" and saw the msg "This Flight Exists in your bids!" msg. Somehow the bidding failed to transfer into Cigar box.

What's wrong? Please help. Thanks

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Cigar box cannot find my schedule after bidding flight
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 04:26:34 PM »
Just looking Harry and it appears that you when you signed up on that tour - you didn't select an aircraft hence it is appears to be stuck trying to join you to that and the bid may be stuck hence and the first leg bid won't generate.

1. I'm going to removed you from the tour-7.   DONE.

2. Ok - now try going into that tour again - and re-sign up > BUT make sure you select an aircraft before signing up - then the legs of the tour should the generate starting with leg 1.

3. Try to generate the bid for leg 1 as usual. And give it a try to load the bid in Cigar Box.

4. If no go, just yell and  that means your bid is stuck at the database level: and we'll have to go into the database and manually delete the stuck bid. (Please advise if the bid doesn't load in Cigar Box).

Norm
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 04:31:04 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Har336

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 05:54:45 PM »
Thanks for your help, Norm. Unfortunately the problem remains the same. It looks like my bid still existed in the system, because I got "This Flight Exists in your bids!" after clicking "fly the leg". The normal response should be a screen showing departure, arrival, time, altitude, etc.

Last time I had "This Flight Exists in your bids!" msg, due to I forgot about doing the bidding the previous day, Cigar box still transferred the flight data without problem. Everything went normally thereafter. Somehow this time Cigar box got stuck.

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 09:47:12 PM »
I have had the same problem with the bid exists but you can't get to it.  You might try closing cigar box and in fact maybe restarting the computer and try again.  Stuck bids do occur for the reasons Norm mentioned,  we are checking the database to see if it is showing up there.
Henry

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 11:24:28 PM »
Ok, database is zero-ed, give it another try and please report back.
Henry

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 08:36:04 AM »
Thanks Henry.

(0845 EST April 12: Confirmed with Harry (via Discord) > Bid working again.

Happy Easter.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 08:52:08 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Har336

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 09:28:49 AM »
It's working! Just finished leg 1 and filed PIREP via Cigar box.

Happy Easter and stay healthy.