Author Topic: Bahama scenery  (Read 3294 times)

av8erjm

Bahama scenery
« on: April 07, 2020, 06:35:55 PM »
So I loading up all the folders for the Misty's Bahamas and going to different airports  and get down to MYAO Mores Island and the sim CTD. I then spent the rest of the afternoon looking for the culprit. In the Misty's Seaplane folder there is a file BHM& ADEP 4 DWT file for Mores Island and when I removed it everything worked fine, put it back in and CTD. There are lot of these files for different locations. What do they do or what are they in there for. Thanks in advance, Jim

av8erjm

Re: Bahama scenery
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 04:35:40 PM »
OK I've figured out what they are there for and what they do, but I have a total of  5 of them that I had to remove BHM7, BH12, BHF2,BHF1, AND BHM4. If I leave them in  I CTD, the others worked fine no problems

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 10:05:22 PM »
Are they AI traffic airport/parking files, made by Dex?  The filename suggests that.  I am hoping he will pop in with an answer.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:07:16 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 10:29:53 AM »
Jeff have you loaded up the Bahama scenery. Just curious if this is only my setup or not

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 10:55:00 AM »
I have it all loaded up but have never gone to look at it yet. (Will put on my things to do list for later this afternoon).

Norm
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 09:54:43 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 11:09:06 AM »
Thank you no rush, I'm also trying figure out why two of my Carenado Business Jets won't work the CJ2 525 and the Hawker 850. They worked fine before the rebuild but frame rates drop to 1 or 2 now, something to do with the navigraph folder. Have tried a variety of fixes but none of them have worked

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 12:12:05 AM »
Firstly Welcome back Jim. (Forgot to mention that in the post above so welcome back).

I checked my install of the Bahamas then flew the area for over 2 hours - (P3D so not in FSX). Works just fine for me.

What aircraft were you using?

(And when you tried to fly in the Bahamas, was it before or AFTER you put those carenado's in?

If AFTER most likely, it was those carenado installs that had something to do with it and caused all of those CTD.. (as carenado isntalls probably messed up your sim's dll.xml files trying to install the navigraph updater entries which is an updater for the navigraph databases for use in their gps/navigraph modules. (These navigraph issues are a common occurrence).  (Remove the bad entries and you'll have no more CTD or bogging down navigraph issues)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:08:21 AM by nbrich1 »

av8erjm

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 02:05:53 PM »
Flying around the Bahamas I was flying Carenado's C185 on floats. it wasn't until I'd get about 20 miles from one of these 5 that I would have a problem Flying to any of the other seaplane bases I would have no problem. Your mentioning P3D has me thinking I'm still with FSX and although quite similar  there are subtle differences. Yup I think that is where the problem is, As far as the Carenado aircraft with the frame rate problem are the CJ2 525 and the Hawker 850 and it's tied into the Navigraph program they both use, there is all sort of discussion on different forums out there. The thing the perplexes me is I didn't have the problem before, only after the rebuild and I'm using the same zip exe I used previously. Oh well at least it takes my mind off all that is going on with virus n' panic

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 03:39:35 PM »
Yes I know your still with FSX.. but the same carenado install problems exist in both FSX and P3D for carenado code being added to the sim's dll.xml files. ANother day we can look and fix it up for you. (Or just find you dll.xml file and send them over by email and can fix them up for you and send them back.

Norm

av8erjm

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 07:20:56 PM »
Yeah right now those planes are on the back burner, way back burner. I know it's something in the coding, but that's way out of my pay grade. I do know in going around a bunch of forums Carenado and Avsim n' Flight sim there are a bunch of pissed off buyers and Carenado is turning their back on it's customers

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 07:26:53 AM »
Are they AI traffic airport/parking files, made by Dex?  The filename suggests that.  I am hoping he will pop in with an answer.
Just noticed this.  I am tied up with another sim at the moment.  The airports in the Bahamas package are AI float bases.  The two with "F" in the name are for AI fishing boats.  They were all done for eye candy and P3D.

av8erjm

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 11:06:10 AM »
Like I said no rush, I too am fighting other alligators with my rebuild