Author Topic: RTMM Teamspeak & FSHost Servers - Request for Testers  (Read 8407 times)

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
RTMM Teamspeak & FSHost Servers - Request for Testers
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Things have been hectic for me lately so my initial time-line was missed; however, I am ready to begin
the shake-down cruises of the new servers.

If you are interested in testing and flying together online with FSX as well as using the added voice features of TeamSpeak 2 then please reply to this post. Ideally those who wish to help test will have had some experience with online flying with FSHost/TeamSpeak2 and who have also the patience to handle the uncertainties that can arise. Please advise what days/times you would be available for any testing as that will help create time slots for interested parties.

My plan is to start testing this weekend followed by any resolutions and a launch of the servers on Easter weekend.

I generally can be online on weekends only except for long weekends; however that would not stop testers from trying things out on their own or with other testers.

P.S. Finding errors and omissions in the documentation is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help.
Cheers !
Darryl (aka canuck21a)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: RTMM Teamspeak & FSHost Servers - Request for Testers
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »
Darryl,
I would be happy to help out with the setup and testing of FSHost and TeamSpeak2.  I am a member of FreedomAir VA and we have been using these tools for fly ins for several years without any major problems.  I recently participated in one of Wedge's fly ins using the same tools.  As for time/dates I'm quite flexible most of the time being retired so that is not a big concern.  I have not set up my FSHost or TeamSpeak with the RTMM data as yet but will do that tomorrow if possible.  It usually takes about 10 min. to get it all going unless a problem arises.
So see you on TS and FSHost.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 10:38:16 PM »
Got onto the FSHost but TeamSpeak server is not running at the moment so could not log on to it.
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:49:33 AM »
I cant get on to either fshost server..teamspeak was no problem yeasterday :( WeDGe

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:51:38 AM »
I just checked for you... the server and FSHost are running for RTMM. Have been started on April 11th by Darryl.
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 09:03:36 AM »
I just checked myself and the main TS server is down.
Looks like the system may have had an event and not handled the TS server correctly.

:) I was able to restart the TS Server and it is now active again as of 09:00AM EDT (1300Z)

Got onto the FSHost but TeamSpeak server is not running at the moment so could not log on to it.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 09:07:04 AM »
1306Z 4/15/11 TS server up and running this AM
 8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 11:39:14 AM »
everything seams to be working fine now, just logged on and off all three servers, i had a brain F@*t and was including the :95 and :96 respectively after each fshost servers ip addresse...lol that,s not right you dont need them , however to connect to the teamspeak server you do need the:8777
after the IP address....i,ll be on at 4pm est cheers wedge

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
Well,
I plan on being there at 4:00PM EDT
Let's see if we find each other  ;D

quigs

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 11:32:36 PM »
Gudday, I have just loaded TS2, and it works fine and also got FSHost client up but untested as yet. Im in Australia and fly the Eastern Hops Cessna Sunday (Starts midnight Perth W.A. time) and also do the OZx on the Friday night sessions. I am keen to get into the RTMM multiplayer flying so let us kmow some of your flight times, preferabley in GMT  (cordinated univerasl) or I can put up an East coast USA/Canada clock, please advise. I look forward to flying with you and checking out the Misty Moorings scenery.
Regards
quigs

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »
Concur with Quigs on listing times in GMT, UTC Zulu or what ever you want to call it.  All aviation times are given this way to avoid any confusion.  Greenwich time never changes due to daylight savings time or lattitude, politics, or user whims and desires.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 10:18:19 AM »
Just checked both FSHost and TS2 and they work ok here in Calif.   :D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

WeDGe

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 03:48:33 PM »
I,ll post my thursday hops in estern and zulu time , we could use a zulu clock next to the time at ketchican clock to help folks get a handle on this ..i use this link at work which will also help figuring out times for mp flights .
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
quigs ? what part of that huge island of australia do you live on?for my mp planning purposes

WeDGe

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »
Thanks for that link.  Now I see that Calif is -7 from GMT or UTC
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »
Wedge,
Zulu time is easy once one knows where he is.  You say Eastern time but does Canada observe Daylight Savings Time?  Normally the Eastern Time zone is -5 for zulu (add 5 hrs to your local time for zulu time)  However in the U.S. we are observing Daylight Savings Time at the moment so Eastern Time Zone is currently -4.  If Canada does not observe DST then you are still -5.  You can blame all this on the railroads by the way.
Later,

Spud