Author Topic: Season Switcher  (Read 1956 times)

Bill Kunzler

Season Switcher
« on: March 05, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »
Hi, if I use the Date option in the Season Switcher do I have to set the date every flight? Thanks.Bill

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Season Switcher
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 12:24:23 PM »
Hi Bill,

The eSwitcher and the flight sim do not talk to each other.  The eSwitcher simply changes RTMM's seasonal files to match the date chosen.  Since FSX & P3D only change seasonal looks at month boundaries, you could set a date, e.g. July 7th, in eSwticher and then  the sim will match for any date that is set in the sim as long as it is within the month of July.   

Hope this helps.

Rod

Bill Kunzler

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 01:46:52 PM »
Thanks for your clear explanation Rod.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 04:53:12 PM »
Personally, I usually try to fly with current date/time and real weather which is kind of based on the actual date of when you're flying and in the correct season. So for the most part, unless there is a specific reason to change from the actual date/time/season to a different one I don't bother.

So saying that I tend to change the eswitcher season only four times per year to change the textures to the correct season and as close to the actual seasons date changes for the Northern Hemisphere as per the following:

Spring/ March 19
Summer/June 20
Fall/Sept 21st
Winter. Dec 21st

So currently am running in the winter season until March 19th then will change the season to spring textures until June 19 then change to summer on June 20 until September 20 then change to Fall on Sept 21. 

(The seasonal map.xml in each of the RTMM seasonal scenery pieces has a season table which should closely match the surrounding textures for the calendar months in the sim - and depends on the location latitude.
If that makes sense.

That's what I do, for the most part, since I usually run current time and date (and real weather) in my sim when I take to the air - no matter where.

But the RTMM eswitcher is the only switcher out there that you can set by date which can be a specific date if wanted or needed and since the eswitcher changes all the RTMM seasonal pieces at the same run it can come in very handy for testing etc if you want/need to fly on a specific date and have the textures match the surrounding area as per the sim. 

Clear as mud?  lol

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^