Author Topic: Dilemma  (Read 5142 times)

av8erjm

Dilemma
« on: February 12, 2020, 02:44:13 PM »
I am running Windows 7 OS and FSX with the Acceleration pack. Was having some issues loading up and once it did was having freeze frame problems. So like I have done in the past deleted the Acceleration pack and ran the repair on the FSX disk. Went to reinstall the Acceleration pack but it won't take the activation code. I've called three different 800 numbers for Microsoft finding out there is no longer support for the flightsim and heard more ''we're sorries'' than I can count. Looked around at all the forums as to what to do, to no avail. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any workarounds, patch or a virus free crack. Barring that what are the compatibility with third party aircraft and sceneries with FSX SE. As far as going with Prepar3d  would the academic version be sufficient really don't have the funds for the professional one One other question if I may, I understand with the Prepar3d sim V4 won't run a lot of older 3rd party aircraft and where as  v3 will. Thanks in advance for all replies

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:48:58 PM »
Have you tried uninstalling FSX and then reinstalling all from scratch?

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 02:58:19 PM »
A few weeks ago I had to do a complete reinstall of fsx with acceleration pack after updating my laptop from win8.1 to win 10.
My activation code wasn‘t accepeted, too.
I aborted the activation process and tried to launch Fsx.
When launching Fsx I get an error message with an 1-80004500 code
Warning that the product is not activated and offers opening the ms support website.
The website seems not to exist. So I ignore this and close the error message.
After that FSX launches and works well.
But on every FSX launch I get this message now.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 04:36:31 PM »
Can you just buy Steam FSX which is about $25 to solve the problem?

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 09:46:07 PM »
Jim call Microsoft Activation Center - # 1-866-740-1256. Have your product #/serial handy and they will refresh/reset it so it works again. 

(I have had to do this twice: Once for my MS Office product and once with FSX-boxed (deiuxe) and acceleration).

Norm
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:49:08 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 02:01:49 PM »
Thanks to one n' all for the suggestions, I'll try Norm's phone # first and then  try uninstalling and reinstalling, but most likely go with the steam edition and build from scratch, again. Thanks once again

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 02:21:07 PM »
Well if anyone is keeping score. Tried the phone number and it sent a message to my phone, only problem is they asked for a 6 or 7 numerical digits  install code and my copies of FSX and the accel pack are alpha/numerical with 5 digits. Step two completely uninstall FSX and acel pack and reinstall and once again hit a brick wall when after entering the install code and wouldn't connect. I'm guessing when MicroSoft decided FSX was obsolete they shut down the activation portal. So I have to decide whether to buy the Steam version FSX SE or bag it and go with L/M's prepar3d V3. Question is does anyone know how compatible L/M is with 3rd party aircraft, bot payware and freeware

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 02:55:01 PM »
Ok if you can't get to a live agent at that number above anymore, then use the main Microsoft phone# and get an live agent. There is no reason you should have to replace your product- if they changed or discontinued their products/reg. 

The Main Microsoft phone # for USA is- 1-800-642-7676 - and talk to "Technical Support" and get someone LIVE!

(https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if you want to go to P3D regardless, (not sure if you can even get P3Dv3x anymore.. - it's P3Dv4.5 which is the current version).

(But if you go there, it's a much better sim than anything else you have used before (and basically has the same folder structure as old' FSX but run's at 64bit.. so if you're running a windows 7, 8 or 10 OS in 64bit then P3Dv4.5. academic works - and very well. 

BUT.. the only thing with P3Dv4.5 that you have to be aware of is that only FSX native models and up work, so any older FS9 files (which existed in FS9, FSX or FSX-SE don't work in P3Dv4.5 and actually crash the sim: that why there is the Tongass fixes here - make it work in P3Dv4x as well as a couple of RTMM models upgraded to FSX Native...

See LINKS:
https://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#5
https://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#9

Let us know how you make out with Microsoft!  (I just talked to them last week concerning a corrupt v1909 update in Windows 10 - so I know they are somewhat ALIVE (even though they might not be very smart at times!(that's a long story for another day!).
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 01:28:13 PM »
Alzheimer's is a terrible thing to have to deal with. Found a link that over at Fightsim that lit a spark. It was about when loading FSX and the accel pack right clicking on the EXE  icon and going into the compatibility window and changing to WIN 7 from XP. and VIOLA everything loaded as advertised.  I knew this but have forgotten over the years that I have had FSX. Now begins the arduous task of putting ORBX RTMM and ETC sceneries back and reloading the aircraft that I use. At least I  saved the old loading of FSX to another  drive to follow

Lipra

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 04:31:27 PM »
I have the same error code after my recent SSD failure. I happened to also have the SE version so have left the scenery files as they were and just enabled them as a temporary measure. I pick fsx up on steam cheap when it was on offer. I am also sure I will have problems upgrading orbx when the time comes so will have to make a decision then as to weather I keep fsx or upgrade.