Author Topic: RTMM teamspeak and fshost servers.  (Read 5140 times)

WeDGe

• You cant take it with ya
RTMM teamspeak and fshost servers.
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:43:36 AM »
Just wondering when these servers are going to be commissioned for active service...lol I can get on to the teamspeak with no problem , but both main and backup fshost i cant get connected to, I,m assuming there not ready yet although the link in the multiplayer thread lets you view thier status?

I was just wondering if i should start using them yet for the thursdaynight misty hops? cheers WeDGe 8)

WeDGe

Re: RTMM teamspeak and fshost servers.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
The rtmm fshost and teamspeak servers are up and running, ;D I had the pleasure of getting to do a quick flight with Canuck today we checked things out jumped back and fourth between servers and channels ...everythings smooth as silk 8) so next time your flying the misty skies why not log on,you might just have some company and make a new friend or two......NEVER FLY ALONE cheers WeDGe :)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »
Missed the session on Friday and need to ask the question about the main server.  I have read through the FS Host installation tutorial several times and the only reference I can find for the main server is about using a browser to check the status.  This gives the IP address only.  I use FireFox and it will not allow access to the main server due to port conflicts as mentioned in the tutorial.  While mentioning that one may have to configure FireFox to accept this non-standard port configuration, it does not tell how to do this.  Where can I find complete information on the IP, ports, FireFox configurations etc. for the main server?  I connect just fine to the backup server but have not been successful connecting to the main RTMM server. (Session not found)
 8)
Later,

Spud

WeDGe

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 11:45:16 AM »
hey spud try this for firefox, look under the "denied port" access section hope this helps.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5_Network_Error_Messages

the fshost ip for the main server = 64.22.78.67  port = 24100  password = rtmm2011

WeDGe
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:49:59 AM by WeDGe »

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 12:19:26 PM »
Yes,
The author (me) failed to properly include the details of the main servers on the draft as at the time the servers were not fully operational.

I will place a post in this section of the forum that clearly provides the details for both the master and backup servers.

Wedge pointed this error out to me yesterday but I have no immediate way to alter the existing online documentation. We will get that done as soon as possible.

Thanks for providing your feedback.

Missed the session on Friday and need to ask the question about the main server.  I have read through the FS Host installation tutorial several times and the only reference I can find for the main server is about using a browser to check the status.  This gives the IP address only.  I use FireFox and it will not allow access to the main server due to port conflicts as mentioned in the tutorial.  While mentioning that one may have to configure FireFox to accept this non-standard port configuration, it does not tell how to do this.  Where can I find complete information on the IP, ports, FireFox configurations etc. for the main server?  I connect just fine to the backup server but have not been successful connecting to the main RTMM server. (Session not found)
 8)