Author Topic: Question about Milviz DHC-2 Beaver Ski plane  (Read 1874 times)

Lantz

Question about Milviz DHC-2 Beaver Ski plane
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »
I completed leg one of tour 1, I used the Beaver ski plane. I thought I had set the skis up correctly (like I did the amphibious floats) but after landing, it acted like it crashed. Has anyone else tried the ski plane? On the seaplane, “gear down” drops the wheels for land use. I assumed I would use gear up on the ski plane when landing on an asphalt runway. I’m  also curious if anyone out there is using SPAD.next to program their Saitek Switch Panel for the ski extension /retraction. If so what commands did you use?

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Question about Milviz DHC-2 Beaver Ski plane
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 01:18:37 AM »
     You taxied for takeoff at the beginning of the flight, right? 
     If it were me, I think I would do some "taxi practice" and see what position it rolls in.  Are you sure the parking brake was off during touchdown?   ???  I don't use the ski version very often.  I prefer the amphibians.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Lantz

Re: Question about Milviz DHC-2 Beaver Ski plane
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:25:14 AM »
I started out of Misty’s on snow, landed on asphalt at PANT. Another friend tested also. Would only land with the gear lever down. Direct opposite to the manual for ski use.