Author Topic: eSwitcher error message  (Read 1957 times)

Har336

eSwitcher error message
« on: January 30, 2020, 12:18:06 AM »
I had no problem when running the eSwitcher for the first time. After installing 5 scenery layers today (Is this required every time after installing a new scenery?), I run it for the second time with an error msg. Both the screen shot and log file are attached.

My scenery folder structure is like this:

C:\Add-on Scenery

RTMM libraries
             RTMM Object Library Folders
                 AhZx_Lib SUB LibraryFSXP3D
                 Ceyx_Sceneries_libraryFSXP3D

RTMM Misty Moorings
              Annette Island Fly-In
              Hang 'EM High Resorts

RTMMeSwitcher.exe
          curseasonset.xml
          RTMM eSwitcher Log.txt

Any thoughts and help is appreciated.

Harry

Lipra

Re: eSwitcher error message
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 04:41:53 PM »
I would delete the 5 new scenery areas and then try the e-switcher again if all OK then add one at a time to see which is causing the problem. you could also check that the paths are valid. 

Har336

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 05:36:01 PM »
Thanks, Lipra. Appreciate your help.

What I did was put 8 library layers and other RTMM layers in a single folder and put eSwitcher in the same folder, like this:

C:\Add-on Scenery
         Other freeware sceneries
         RTMM Misty Moorings
                 AhZx_Lib SUB LibraryFSXP3D
                 Ceyx_Sceneries_libraryFSXP3D
                 Misty's Place
                 Annette Island Fly-In
                 Hang 'EM High Resorts
                 RTMMeSwitcher.exe
                 curseasonset.xml
                 RTMM eSwitcher Log.txt

Run eSwitcher 1st time without problem. Then run second time after installing more RTMM scenery layers, still no problem. So I think I am all set for now.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 05:56:04 PM »
Libs don't have any seasonal files nor a seasonal.xml file so there would be no errors created by the libs.. but as soon as you put in add-on scenery pieces that have a seasonal.xml file now the folder naming convention comes into play. And the add-on scenery folder names have to be exact or the eswitcher will yield errors. And there has to be one seasonal.xml file per scenery folder and that folder correctly named.

From the other post, you had all the scenery pieces together in one folder.. but in each seasonal scenery pieces there has to be one (and only one) seasonal.xml or the eswitcher will yield errors.

IE: In the "Annette Island Fly-In" scenery folder there has to be the Annette Island Fly-In_SeasonMap.xml and the scenery name ("Annette Island Fly-In") must match for the eswitcher to work.

So if you have all the add-on scenery pieces in one pot, it won't work. And where might all the xxxx_seasonal.xml files and version.txt files be for each scenery piece? 

I'm a bit tied up until next week (Monday or Tuesday) but can help you then. (Will watch for you on Discord Harry).

N

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 06:05:21 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Har336

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 07:11:55 PM »
Hi, Norm,

This is my current folder structure as shown by the attached picture.

Do I need to put 8 libraries in a separate folder? That actually was my original setup--One folder for "RTMM libraries", one for "RTMM Misty Moorings", both in C:\Add-on scenery folder. Since I did not know lib's don't need seasonal switch, that is why I moved them here. If there will be problems this way. I can revert back.

As the other thread made perfect clear, combining scenery packages is a big NO and NO. So as you can see, I am keeping everything in its separate folders, then under one folder higher up.

Harry.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:04:54 PM by Har336 »