Author Topic: bush-planes.com  (Read 5035 times)

gavinc

bush-planes.com
« on: January 27, 2020, 08:56:51 PM »
Hi,
I'm sure this isn't a new site to those of you who frequent Mistys place but I just stumbled upon it.
http://www.bush-planes.com/
Think I'm going off to explore Misty Fjords in an AN-2  ;D

Gavin

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: bush-planes.com
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 06:27:05 AM »
Aye it has been around for a while but a very good information source on various "bush" aircraft. Thanks for the reminder Gavin.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

gavinc

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 08:34:13 PM »
Following up on this, Magoo over at Sim-Outhouse posted this great link to an NFB (National Film Board - for those of you unfortunate enough not to be Canadian  ;D [ducks and runs for cover]) to a short film from the late 1970s entitled "Bush Pilot: Reflections on a Canadian Myth"

Great shots.

Gavin

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 08:20:46 AM »
Very interesting.  Thanks.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Rangerick

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »
Thanks for Sharing that !

I'm an 'Old' retired guy that lives 30 minutes from Selkirk Manitoba, the home of Northway Aviation.

I spent many years and too many hours flying all over northern Manitoba in Beavers, turbo Beavers, The Otter and finally, the turbo Otter. 

Now I fly them on a computer with a cup of coffee and NO Blackflies or Mosquitos. 

Life WAS and IS GOOD !  8)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 08:49:51 AM »
Rangerrick,
If you look at my profile photo, I flew in this Otter into a Quebec bush camp last June. According to the pilot/air service owner, it was one of two remaining piston driven Otters left in North America. (I don't remember where he told me the other one was.) This one was scheduled to be refitted for a turbine engine this winter. It was a real pleasure to sit in the front seat next to him and he even let me take the controls for about 15 minutes! No kidding. Thrill of a lifetime.

Forgot to mention, this was the second from the last Otter ever manufactured. Here's a neat Aircraft Information page about this Otter's registration from the Canadian Civil Aircraft Registry.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ccarcs-riacc/ADet.aspx?id=22140&rfr=RchSimpRes.aspx?cn=||&mn=||&sn=||&on=||&m=|FAZX|&rfr2=RchSimp.aspx
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:44:38 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Rangerick

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 05:26:42 PM »
Nice shots !

Reminds me of how much 'Fun' it was loading and unloading drums of Avgas.  LOL

Not surprised to hear that there's maybe only 1 Otter left with the old R1340 power plant. 

Like their Little Brother, The Beaver, They're AMAZING when converted to turbine power and No more 'Blown Jugs'!