Author Topic: MFC0036  (Read 1807 times)

tomse

MFC0036
« on: January 07, 2020, 01:22:11 PM »
Finished leg 4 to Pender HBR SPB yesterday night, no scenery on screen, saved location. Wanted to start today again but P3Dv4.5 crashed twice while starting.
deleted my "at last airport" and "previous flight" in *\P3Dv4files and started P3D without probs.
so what- I had no airport (ADE) file for that location. I started ADEX to create one and build some light scenery with IS3. Fortunately I looked first in  https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html and saw that there is a ORBX Freeware SPB  :).
Maybe this could be a Headsup for others as well

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

tomse

Re: MFC0036
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 01:25:34 PM »
and...
P.S.
its a nice location from ORBX, perhaps a little bit inspired by Halibut Cove...?

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 02:56:27 PM »
Indeed. Pender SPB is an ORBX Global Freeware Airport that we visit in tour 36. It's ADE ICAO (CAG8) but is not contained in the default sim but is defined/contained in the ORBX-FTX Freeware "Global Airports Pack" (Free at ORBX site: OrbxDirect > Freeware).   Thanks Thomas.

The Pender SPB location exists in the sim but without the freeware airport pack installed would have no identifiable ADE that defines the ICAO (CAG8) hence the FP starting at CAG8 would not work unless the
ORBX freeware Global Airports Pack is installed.

Note: in the many previous and following locations many of the airports contained in the freeware Global Airports Pack are visited as well as the other freeware airports for NA as well as most of the ORBX pay-ware airports. Although the pays-ware airports or the free's are mandatory the free pack required for Pender SPB to generate the ICAO!.

(Note: The Freeware Global Airport Pack is also a per-requisite for the RTMM Snow Dogs Tours Scenery).

Again, this Global Airport Pack is totally free and there are hundreds of enhanced global airports contained in this pack that we will be visiting in the next dozen or more excursions. (We are heading into PRIME ORBX Territory of WA and beyond so get your global freeware airports in and enjoy the sites).

Norm

Below is zoom-able map of (most of) the ORBX Freeware and Payware airport/locations.
(Blue=Payware, Red=Freeware).

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16TLldaoxxmFv7wOWfYyM8zV-bgM&hl=en_US&ll=47.42303157427661%2C-114.92867503614906&z=4
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:10:55 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

tomse

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 09:22:19 AM »
Sorry,
Pender Hbr is not part of the GLOBAL AIRPORT PACK from ORBX.
It is a separate download from the freeware site of ORBX like Nanaimo, Ganges and Campbell SPBs.
https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
Indeed you are correct Thomas. Still freeware but separate. Thanks sir. Will make a better note for the ORBX freeware scenery requirements. (I made the assumption that anyone using ORBX here in NA (some of which are a basic requirement for RTMM in North America) well it would be a given that they would add all of freeware pieces for NA. Anyways will edit requirements for clarity as follows. 

•   ORBX-FTX Global Freeware Airports (REQUIRED) as well as the other Freeware add-on airport locations for North America (https://orbxdirect.com/freeware): 7WA3, CAC8, CAE3, CAG8, CAX6, YRC ETC.
•   Note: In  followowing/upcoming excursions, the rest of the ORBX freeware add-on locations for NA will be required so add them asap - and they’re free!!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:22:21 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^