Author Topic: I've messed up my instalation....  (Read 2257 times)

Bill Kunzler

I've messed up my instalation....
« on: January 24, 2020, 02:20:25 AM »
Hi I am a new member and I have broken the golden rule already and I did not create folders and subfolders placement and naming correctly before installing the Libraries and sceneries. :-[   Will I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch or can I save the situation somehow? Thanks,Bill.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: I've messed up my instalation....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 06:55:05 AM »
Hi I am a new member and I have broken the golden rule already and I did not create folders and subfolders placement and naming correctly before installing the Libraries and sceneries. :-[   Will I need to uninstall everything and start from scratch or can I save the situation somehow? Thanks,Bill.

Rules are golden? well not really and most stuff can be adjusted if one knows what they are doing but it's when things get mixed up and break when it makes it nearly impossible to fix or even figure out what the problem file might be.

And it all depends what you might have done. If you have put all files into one scenery folder that will never work and you won't be able to sort out all the files so probably is best to delete that and start from scratch.

If you have the libs separate from the rtmm add-on scenery pieces/folders and insertion points in FTX Central (or Orbx Central) set correctly that the setup should work even if you just slightly modified the scenery folder names but they still contain the correct files. The only issue might be the scenery eswitcher not working if that is important to you. Other than that eswitcher piece, if you have the scenery folders intact as it is intended and those scenery folders correctly set up for your sim then all should be working ok (except the scenery Eswitcher) and it can be easily fixed but would have to take a look. 

Can you take screen shots of your scenery folders? And what sim are you running Bill?

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Bill Kunzler

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 07:55:59 AM »
Thanks Norm. Everything seems to work OK  except there is no cafĂ© at Mistys Place. This seems to be the biggest issue so far. I created a folder called RTMM Misty Moorings and put sceneries in there I get an FSX message saying that it can not be found. I am about to try the Scenery Object Tester and will check the results. Bill.   I'm running FSX-SE
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 07:59:12 AM by Bill Kunzler »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 08:23:30 AM »
If you get a message that says that FSX can't find a certain folder it's because you moved or deleted the missing folder but didn't delete it from your scenery library within FSX SE. You'll need to restore the files that throw that error message to the same folder where they were before moving/deleting them, or ignore the error when loading the sim, load the scenery library and delete them for the scenery list. Then, if you moved them somewhere, you'd have to re-add them to your scenery list, using the proper path. Hope this ,ales sense.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bill Kunzler

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 08:40:22 AM »
Thanks, that makes perfect sense. This is something that has cropped up for me before but now at least I understand the reason. Bill

Just to add that all is working great now. Thanks for the help and the sceneries are amazing!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:01:05 AM by Bill Kunzler »