Author Topic: Getting started with Doug's Hawaii  (Read 3896 times)

scanham

Getting started with Doug's Hawaii
« on: January 05, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »
I have everything installed from the list here - https://return.mistymoorings.com/efmm/index.php  except :

1) Pilot's 2010 FTX Compatible mesh, which has been replaced by a newer version.
2) Hawaii XG (Honolulu)
3) FTX Planes Package

The mesh costs $57 US.  Is it essential and worth that much?

I cannot find Hawaii XG.  Can you provide a link?

I cannot find FTX Planes Package.  Does it go by a different names?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:54:44 AM by scanham »
Steve Canham
MFC0077
I7-4790K, Asus H87M-PLUS MB, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 240GB SSD for OS & general software, 500 GB SSD for MSFS 2020, GTX1080ti 11GB, 3 x 22inch monitors with Nvidia Surround, 5040 x 1024

Penzoil3

Re: Getting started with Doug's Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 12:37:48 PM »
That would be "AI Traffic North America General Aviation" found here -  https://orbxdirect.com/freeware
 Note the different versions.
 Sue

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 12:41:40 PM »
Hi ... the web page is out of date. I'm actually working on Doug's Hawaii at the moment, trying to make it simpler and work with all the variations that keep changing around it. Since your post, I've added the following to the web page which will help folks in the interim until I can get everything straightened away. The FTX Airports package from ORBX handles SOME of the airports, but not all. So it can get confusing in that you may have more than one bgl for an airport. I'm trying to get all of that straightened out as of this writing. Generally, I use the FTX and then turn the bgl "off" for any airport in Hawaii that FTX covers. Again, confusing, but working on it.

UPDATE NOTAM (01.04.2020)

This package is being updated extensively. There are so many possible packages and combinations for this that it makes it difficult to come up with a formula for making all of it work together. For now, you do not need the Pilots Mesh that is suggested in the instructions below. I would also not worry about the George Kehoe Airports. The Honolulu XG is not needed. If you have the money for it, the ORBX Honolulu Cityscape is a great addition and works with this package. You will need the Hawaii Photoreal and I would recommend giving them a donation so you can get the PLUS version. If you are using ORBX Honolulu Cityscape, then DO NOT install the OAHU package with Hawaii Photoreal, ORBX handles the whole island of Oahu. I will be giving more updates soon. You will need the RTMM Libraries that you can find on our "LIBRARIES" page... those handle all of the objects that are included with the scenery locations. More updates on this will come soon. For now, disregard the installation section below. All of the MFC tours are still good and work fine. The "Doug's Hawaii" package below (05.09.2017) is working fine for now. I would also recommend the free FTX airport package from ORBX. They do a fine job on the Hawaii Airports that they cover.

Summary: Doug's Hawaii 05.09.2017 is the latest. Pilots Mesh is no longer needed. ORBX Honolulu Cityscape is recommended but not necessary. The Hawaii Tours package works fine. You may want to download and use the FREE FTX Airports package from ORBX. Hawaii Photoreal is needed and their PLUS version (by donation) is recommended.
Doug
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 01:01:17 PM by Doug »

scanham

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 12:54:03 PM »
Thank you Sue & Doug!
Steve Canham
MFC0077
I7-4790K, Asus H87M-PLUS MB, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 240GB SSD for OS & general software, 500 GB SSD for MSFS 2020, GTX1080ti 11GB, 3 x 22inch monitors with Nvidia Surround, 5040 x 1024

scanham

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 05:37:15 PM »
I just completed the last of the 20 tours.  Only a few elevation problems at HI23, HI25 & PHSF. 

I enjoyed all of it and a welcome change from the cold weather.

Doug- Thank you so much for building a beautiful scenery package.

I will make this an annual voyage!
Steve Canham
MFC0077

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 05:40:40 PM »
Lots of work being done on this. I'll be splitting Doug’s Hawaii off to be a stand-alone page separate from RTMM. Glad you enjoy it, it is a nice break from RTMM.

Doug