Author Topic: New ScruffyDuck Site  (Read 2224 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
New ScruffyDuck Site
« on: December 23, 2019, 12:24:40 AM »
 8)
Hello ADE users.  I thought I'd share some info I received in my email the other day.

Jon Masterson over at Scruffyduck has a new website.  He is the developer of the ADE program (Airport Design Editor) that scenery designers use to edit and create airports.  You can check out his new site here:

*https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/

I urge you to support this developer if you value his efforts.  8)

Here is a copy/paste of the email announcement:
Well another year is almost over and I hope that it has been kind to you.  I would like to wish all of you who celebrate it a Very Happy Christmas and I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2020.

First I would like to tell you about a new website that we are testing at the moment.  try it out here*   I hope you will take a look and let us know what you think.  The old site will be available for a few more weeks but we will turn it off in the new year.

Second I am pleased to announce that we are about to release a new version of ADE.  This will be version 1.77 (some of you may already have seen it as a development build).  It has been a long time coming but finally it should be available in the very near future.  In keeping with my current approach this is an incremental development on the previous versions so there won't be any fantastic new features (sorry).  However there are quite a few new or updated features and we have managed to blitz a few bugs.

I will send out another email when it becomes available with more details on what's new and what is fixed.

Meantime thank you all for your continued support

Best wishes

Jon
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 10:57:25 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: New ScruffyDuck Site
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 10:50:49 AM »
Announcement:  Airport Design Editor version 1.78 available now.  Go to the new site to download it.   ;)
Latest ADE Version Released

The title says it all.  We have today released ADE 1.78.  For downloads please visit our new website

Here are some details of what is in the new version:
  NEW AND UPDATED

:)  Replace the GUID of a placed library object or objects with another - i.e. change one object for another
 :)  Basic converter for scasm based bgl files to xml based
 :)  Filter object types in Marquee selection to enable multiple objects of the same type to be edited together
 :)  New update checker and installer which no longer relies on third party code and software
 :)  Diagnostics menu to make it easier to trouble shoot issues and bugs
 :)  Library Object Manager bulk category rename; category selector and ability to update a library already in the LOM in light of new or changed objects
 :)  Updater for stock indexes to reflect changes users may make in the stock files. Also useful as trouble shooter
 :)  Removed support for P3D v1.4. Supported versions are FS9, FSX, P3Dv2, P3D v3 and P3D v4
 :)  Sending ADE logs is now done via email. This appears more reliable than uploading them. This change does not in any way use your email account or provider. It uses a standalone SMTP service
 :)  Update to detailed footprint generator to enable the display of footprints for small objects. Thanks Arno
for making the changes to your library

FIXED

;)  Crash when adding GP Poly is cancelled by user
 ;)  Crash in File Priority Analyzer when clicking Include in Load All where no files are listed
 ;)  Crash when adding or editing an Effect
 ;)  Format error when saving Vertex
 ;)  Bug causing crash when badly formed ground poly is edited or compiled
 ;)  Crash when pasting object(s)
 ;)  Bug when updating parking spots related to jetways
 ;)  Error when decompiling mdl files created by P3D v4.4 compiler
 ;)  Bug in Fault Finder that caused error when trying to repair a runway link with the wrong runway ID
 ;)  Enter Key erroneous behavior in Library Object Manager and Add New Library Object
 ;)  Silent CTD when clicking Send Log menu item where no project is loaded
 ;)  Bug that caused error message when loading objects into the Library Object Manager
 ;)  Bug reported with Extended Compile where non compilable XML related to footprints is passed to the compiler should be fixed
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 11:01:35 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P