Author Topic: Scenery Issue  (Read 2516 times)

Brixmis

Scenery Issue
« on: December 12, 2019, 11:02:48 AM »
Hi folks, hope you can help on this one.

None of the sceneries appear to be loading up. I think I've installed correctly using the following file structure:

P3D
Addon Scenery
RTMM Misty Moorings
Scenery Name
"scenery" Folder

I've only had a chance to check at PAKT for the FedEx office and at Filmore Cove, and none of the buildings are there.

I do have an error popping up every time I load P3D (see attached image). This also happened with the object libraries, until I moved them out of a folder named "RTMM Scenery Libraries" and added them individually within P3D (as you can see in the attached image). They now load fine with no error message, and the scenery objects test at PANT also confirms they are loaded fine.

Hope you folks can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Scenery Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 01:16:57 PM »
Sir Brixmis:

If the scenery is correctly set up, the main issue of the displayed content is incorrect order of scenery blocks/scenery order or the layering of the scenery pieces. (The scenery blocks have to be established using insertion points which have to be established or set up in FTX Central (or ORBX Central if you must) then the correct blocks are created for your sim scenery. (Following this, then you can sort the scenery pieces within their said blocks).

The blocks as per the attached pic - Top down or bottom up! They have to be that order for corect layering.

To do this, In FTX Central (or ORBX Central) go to settings: Insertion Points>

FTX Entries are placed below the RTMM Libs
OPENLC Entries are placed below - Tongass Fjords Lower Priority.

Once Done go into to your sim and to your scenery library. Place/sequence ALL the RTMM Libs just above the
FTXAA_ORBXLIBS. (Then the rest of the RTMM add-on scenery pieces on top or above all the RTMM libs.
SAVE.

Done. Your scenery should be in the correct block order for proper.correct layering.
------------------------------------------

Now you need to verify your libs. DL/install the RTMM Object Libs Tester scenery (Step Table #3 - The Scenery Object Tester)- PAGE LINK: https://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#3

<= Click to download the latest Scenery Object Tester and set this up in your sim scenery library (Above your RTMM Libs).

Go to PANT and make sure all the scenery objects are present as per the picture here:
LINK: https://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#objtest

If the correct objects are missing then the RTMM library items are not correctly installed. Identify any errors in the library objects seen: (refer to items #1 through 12).
LINK: https://www.return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#objtest

Hope this helps.

Norm   
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:21:17 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Brixmis

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 06:17:59 AM »
Hi Norm,

Thanks for replying.

So I deleted the scenery config for P3D to generate a new one.

I then installed the RTMM libraries under one folder (each library folder having its own scenery folder with the bgl files inside)

Started up P3D, and again, the same issue has popped up with the error shown in my original post. Loaded up PANT, and only 3 buildings are showing for the object library test. However, if I put the object libraries in their own individual folders within the Addon Scenery folder, all the object library test buildings at PANT show up fine.

Have double checked the FTX settings, and they show as advised, which then modified the scenery.cfg for the correct ordering.

I've attached an image of my scenery library at this time to show how it looks so far (only with the RTMM Libraries and Scenery Object Test added at this stage).

Any other thoughts?

Many thanks

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 06:54:40 AM »
From above- you state that the "RTMM libraries are under one folder (each library folder having its own scenery folder with the bgl files inside)"

Looking at your scenery lib pic, it shows RTMM Libs contained in folder:
D:\Prepar3dv4\Addon Scenery\RTMM LIBS

Which means it is reading all the scenery files that are in folder: D:\Prepar3dv4\addonScenery\RTMM LIBS\scenery     but is NOT reading any other folders or subfolders under/below that location.

So if you have all the libs in their own folder (in subfolders) under the path:
D:\Prepar3dv4\addonScenery\RTMM LIBS\   they are not being read hence the libs arrn't being read
by the sim. (You would have to go down to the next level to correctly establish the path for your sim to read or find). So right now all the lib files are not being read by your sim. (The only reason you're not getting an error is because your path (D:\Prepar3dv4\addonScenery\RTMM LIBS\   ) does have a folder named "scenery" in that folder. 

In my sim, I set the RTMM libs up once and used the consolidated library option and set up the libs (and tester) as follows:

01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4  (Path is D:\Addons\RTMM\01-RTMM Object Libraries 1-2-3-4\scenery)
02-RTMM Medical-APP Library         (Path is D:\Addons\RTMM\02-RTMM Medical-APP Library\scenery)
03-RTMM BWEP Library                  (Path is D:\Addons\RTMM\03-RTMM BWEP Library\scenery)
04-RTMM Scenery Object Tester      (Path is D:\Addons\RTMM\04-RTMM Scenery Object Tester\scenery)

Then set these up in your sim scenery lib (either by scenery.cfg or by using an addon xml) whatever you prefer (it makes no difference). Then the library pieces are set up and the rest of the RTMM add-ons can be layered on top and it will work.

Brixmis

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 12:11:33 PM »
Ah gotcha!

Think I was relying on P3D reading the subfolders for the sceneries and libraries. As you said, it wasn't doing that.

Problem now sorted with your explanation.

Many thanks again!  8)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 02:24:50 PM »
Aye, the Sim (none of the sims), read sub folders. So one scenery entry when set up is correctly reads that scenery folder but NIL folders/sub folders below that. (Now you got it!).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 02:26:30 PM by nbrich1 »