Author Topic: Having airport issues on PJFX  (Read 2680 times)

BobH

Having airport issues on PJFX
« on: December 11, 2019, 10:05:00 PM »
On to the next challenge, I don't know what I did but me scenery has gone wonky.

Now my PFJX airports have a landclass overlay and the bi-level issue. I "landed" at CAB5, which this AM was a grass field, and I drop through the field to the runway somewhere below. I've been messing with PAKT and now I don't even have a runway exclusion area. I see some RTMM objects like a hanger, a J3 cub, and construction equipment. But the surrounds are mostly open forest landclass, no gravel runway that was there once upon a time. GPS location seems bogus.

Similar problem at Hollis, most of the water runway shown on the GPS is land.

Is there an easy way to repair TFJX? What should I be looking for?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Having airport issues on PJFX
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 10:24:07 PM »
Did you by chance DL the "New" Orbx Ventral V4.0.xx? (Hope now) That might total wreck your scenery order and layering.

What sim are you running? (Cause I don't remember!). And hopefully running FTX Central V3 (3.3.9.2) then it is probably just an insertion point fix and save then a tweak of your scenery library and the correct order/layering should be restored.

Set/save insertion points in FTX Central again:
FTX entries should be placed below RTMM libs   and
OpenLC entries should be placed below Tongass Lower
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 06:03:58 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 05:27:17 AM »
I've had stuff like this happen and it's always been because something changed in my scenery order for some unexplained reason.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BobH

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 12:47:45 PM »
FSX:SE  I am running Orbx 4 and did have to roll back to 4.0.27. I suspect it as the cause of my previous problems. It must be doing something under the covers besides messing with scenery order. I can't see anything wrong with my order. This problem is in the PFJX add-on area.

I have:
RTMM
FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
FTX_AA_PAKT
FTX_NA_PFJ05_xxx
FTX_NA_PNW05_xxx
FTX_NA_SAK05_xxx
Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority
Tongass_Fjords_lower_Priority

Orbx insertion point page has a "use legacy ordering" option: on or off no change.

I do not have the Orbx Global products. I have UltimateAlaskaX but not enabled in scenery. I have REX Texture Direct. I have TopoSim Alaska - off. I have elevation_adjustment files in World but doesn't seem to matter if they are there or not.

When I start at CAB5 (a TFJX creation) I'm at the same elev as RTMM Bronson Creek objects but the runway and flatten/exclusion are is missing. On Plan-G my a/c is .4mi SW of the CAB5 symbol. Data was rebuilt recently. I think I'm seeing bits of runway under the CAB5 symbol location.

So I have an offset of FSX start point (and RTMM objects) from CAB5, and landclass issues.

I've seen this massive overgrowth (wrong landclass) but I don't remember what fixed it last time.

Any help would be appreciated.

BobH

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »
I turned off TFJX high and low and cleared my saved data.

When I goto CAB5 I'm placed in the underworld at the default CAB5 at 356' on a landable gravel runaway. At 499' there is the default airport and landclass area and the RTMM objects. Where I would guess the runway would be is landable but off of that I fall thru the earth to the underworld.

Weird.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »
The issue is ORBX Central.! Just read on their forum.

It has messed your scenery up big time. No surprise if you follow the ORBX forums. A total mixed up mess for many. Everywhere that there is 3rd party scenery, expected that it will be messed up. As soon as you said Legacy setting: you have updated to ORBX Central! v4.0.xx << and the xx is so far - perhaps the 28th or 29th (or more?) update trying to correct the ORBX Central app! That's what has caused your scenery order problem Bob.   

HELP?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 02:08:03 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BobH

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 02:52:10 PM »
I uninstalled the AK payware scenery and re-installed using Orbx v3 manager. PFJX as well. Things are working well now. The scenery order/insert point are the same so it wasn't strictly an order issue.

I thought I was going to have to re-install FSX but I didn't have to go that far.

I have convinced myself I need a new PC however! :)

I think I'm going to "subscribe" to a PC via https://maingear.com