Author Topic: Having terrain issues at PAKT  (Read 2566 times)

BobH

Having terrain issues at PAKT
« on: December 09, 2019, 02:07:06 PM »
i'm having dueling terrain issues.  I have Orbx PFJ and PAKT and I'm getting objects/terrain from both.  I load a saved flight and start on the runway. But there is another runway above me 50' or so. The view from the bottom runway is distorted but the top runway is OK. I can probably work around this by just "going" to the airport in the case of PAKT. But at PANT I have same issue but the top runway is not landable, I fly right through the top runway. The view from top and bottom are distorted.

My main issue is when I start at PAKT both are displayed and unusable.

-------------------

Doing some troubleshooting I tried to turn off all Orbx layers, and FTXAA_ORBXLIBS, to try and use FSX default. The mesh at runway level is bad with some hillsides on the runway. Likely the mesh from somewhere.

I know PAKT is bi-level, and Orbx PAKT models that, but I have all my scenery checked to Off. Where is that mesh (if that is the proper term) coming from? Is there a way to discover the source?

I own Ultimate Alaska X but I don't think I ran it on this FSX:SE fresh install. Opps, I do have files:
"FSX\scenery\UtAkMesh\Scenery\mesh_LOD4-10_Alaska_N54-58_W129-137_SES.bgl"
"FSX\scenery\UtAkCities\Scenery\PAKT_AP.BGL" very small file.

I have  "\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.BGL" That may be getting loaded.

I don't have any Steam scenery DLC, only a couple of a/c.

I turned on Orbx PFJ and PAKT, and reloaded scenery lib. If I "go to" PAKT I'm placed on the PJF runway at 132 ft with distorted views. If I slew up I'm on a hard surface runway  at 194 ft. which looks like the Orbx PAKT runway and views are OK.  I think the FSX default was around 50'

Why are both layer getting loaded?
--------------------
Is there a tool that will report all objects that were loaded and active for any given point?  For example I could position over the misplaced terrain and do a query that tells me what objects were used at that location.
-------------------

Thanks!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Having terrain issues at PAKT
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 03:53:09 PM »
Hi BobH,

UtAkCities probably conflicts with Orbx PAKT.  PAKT_AP.BGL is most likely an elevation file that should  be turned off.  In fact, I would disable UtAkCities completely and see if that changes things.  Make sure all other third party software other than RTMM and Orbx is turned off when you test.

If still problems, do search for all files that contain "pakt" and see if you find anything in other 3rd party folders outside of RTMM and Orbx supported folders. 

The FTX elevation adjustment file you mentioned should not be a problem as it is part of Orbx software.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 04:45:42 PM »
BobH,
There was a discussion a while back that addressed something related to what you might be seeing at PAKT. I don't know, but this may shed a little bit of light for you. (There's a "black hole" at PAKT that you may be seeing in certain circumstances.)

https://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4473.0

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BobH

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 05:23:45 PM »
Thanks Rod and Steve, close but didn't help. I shouldn't have added the second half of the post, just thought it might help someone recognize the issue.

My main issue is more like the FedEx one but it looks like I have two airport BGLs active.

I only have scenery set at Very Dense so don't go by the buildings. The terrain is the issue.

In the above image you can see parts of Orbx PAKT above the red line upper right. But the visible runway and surrounds a messed up.

If I slew up a bit things clear up.

I noticed if I move my belly cam down I see the under world which looks like the scrambles image.

I just this could be normal for the under world. If you have EzDok see when you are sitting on the numbers if you have the same underworld.

So a problem that is making this show up may be that FSX goto logic is not picking up the OrbX PAKT elevations.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 09:18:15 PM »
Also fed ex has two PAKT files.. one for default PAKT and one for orbx PAKT payware.. so if one is not turned off you have both running..

So go into to the FedEx folder and turn the wrong one .off.

That should fix up the FedEx at PAKT.
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

BobH

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 08:57:55 PM »
Thungs have settled down at PAKT, for now at least. I deleted all my saved flights and I can now go to PAKT. I see a bunch of noise from the wrong layer on load but it settles on the right layer eventually.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 10:25:55 PM »
Thinking your scenery order/layering has gone a rye!  (See other post).

BobH

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 01:14:04 PM »
FSX is certainly confused! Something is fubar besides what the user can see as far as scenery order goes. Somehow the mesh and the scenery have been scrambled.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 02:05:30 PM »
Suspect that ORBX Central (v4.00.xx) has messed up your scenery order. (as it has most others!). Maybe revert to FTX Central V3 (3.3.9.2) to fix your existing setup if you can or perhaps someone who is running ORBX Central might be able to assist?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 02:09:26 PM by nbrich1 »