Author Topic: Prince George Airport Conflict (CYSX)  (Read 2200 times)

williamb

Prince George Airport Conflict (CYSX)
« on: November 26, 2019, 03:35:42 AM »
I flew the Quesnel to Prince George route (Tour MFC0007) and on arrival the runway was partially covered with material, trees were in the air, etc.  I am not sure what the conflict is with this airport. I believe I have the correct scenery for this tour.  I did notice that the PlanG route only has a triangle with no airport designator where the Prince George Airport is located on the Map.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

WilliamB

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Prince George Airport Conflict (CYSX)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 07:52:20 AM »
Ok sounds like the problem is at Prince George (CYXS).

1. Firstly just to get Plan G out of the way: Under data, make sure you run/Build Navigation Database. And following select the correct Display data for your sim (which is either FSX or P3D).

Prince George (CYXS) is a LARGE Airport, so in Plan G, under the Map tab the "Large" tick box that is on the extreme upper left must be ticked to see the airport icon for CYXS.
(Now if you tick "Large" it should appear.. if not, then there maybe something wrong with the sim/default scenery somewhere). 

2. As for scenery abnormalities. Don't think RTMM has anything to do with Prince George (CYXS) persay but sounds like sometype of elevation issue. (ORBX NRM contains CYXS). 

a. To find a scenery problem, first turn off any 3rd party mesh - to get back to default elevations/terrain.

b. If you use Vector - look in Airport Elevation Corrections and adjust CYXS (Enable or Disable)

c. Search for any .bgl scenery files that could be interfering at the location.
In this case Prince George (CYXS).

a) Do do a search for CYXS on your computer and see what it yields.
c) Do do a search for PRINCE on your computer and see what it yields.
d) Do do a search for GEORGE on your computer and see what it yields.

(If the search yields any of these bgl files that are for Prince George (CYXS) add OFF to those files (to turn them off). and try your sim locaton again to see if the issue is corrected.

Might be a bit labour intensive but really is the only way to find which bgl file is messing up the location.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

nbrich1

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 07:03:50 AM »
Bill and I took this offline. A few default bases were off: activated. CYXS is in the FTX NRM Region. NRM turned on and location was perfect. (However, there must still be an elevation file interferring somewhere as the location is not exactly correct when NRM is off -regardless if the airport is enabled of disabled in Vector) but couldn't find an interferring alt file. Might be some other alt type bgl file in the world-scenery folder but couldn't determain. But with NRM Region on, the airport is perfect.

BobH

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 08:41:00 PM »
I had the same issues at PANT. I crashed once trying to land where the terrain looked like a runway - the hard spot was down 200' and I wasn't flying fast enough! Second time I flew through the trees until the runway appeared.

I refreshed the ORBX PFJ layer and that seemed to work. I also turned off some unused layers so....

nbrich1

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 10:31:11 PM »
Just remember to set the FTX Central Insertion points.

OPEN LC Entries go below Tongass Lower
and
FTX entries go below your 3rd party scenery : IE:below the  RTMM Libs.

Then the scenery blocks will correct layer.