Author Topic: how to load individual Tour Routes and My FSX does not recognize Kimsquit River  (Read 1973 times)

williamb

I would like to fly an individual Tour Route (MFCT00080-6A0) tracked by Cigars and am not sure how it should be done.   I checked the box for search by flight number and entered the individual tour route number from the documentation but am missing something as Flight info does not load.  I believe there were instructions for this but I am not sure where.

Also my FSX is not recognizing Kimsquit River.  The flight PLN will load but FSX will not take the aircraft to the starting point and Kimsquit River (P32B) is listed as "unknown" as a departure point for the plan.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

WilliamB

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
I would like to fly an individual Tour Route (MFCT00080-6A0) tracked by Cigars and am not sure how it should be done.   I checked the box for search by flight number and entered the individual tour route number from the documentation but am missing something as Flight info does not load.  I believe there were instructions for this but I am not sure where.

Also my FSX is not recognizing Kimsquit River.  The flight PLN will load but FSX will not take the aircraft to the starting point and Kimsquit River (P32B) is listed as "unknown" as a departure point for the plan.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

WilliamB

1. MFCT00080-6A0 (or any single flight): Correct: check box in cigar box settings to search by flight number. Then enter the complete flight # exactly (or copy/paste it in the flight number) and click "Get Flight Data and the flight should load. "Schedule Found".  The select you aircraft and away you go.

OR
Don't UNcheck box in cigar box settings NOT to search by flight number so it will load bids for any flight like a tour leg..

To bid on any or many single flights: go to the MFC site >> Pilot Center >> Flight Operations >> View Flight schedules and Click on "Find Flights" and it will draw every flight that I have loaded into the system.. (which includes all tour legs that can be flown as single legs). 
Scroll to the flight (s) you want to bid and Add to Bid  and it will show bid added.

The bid(s) will now appear in Cigar Box when you click "Get Flight Data" . When done file that pirep, and if you have added many bids, the next bid flight will load with a click of   "Get Flight Data". and so forth.
(To remove a bid, go to "View my Bids" either under you Pilot Center or at the top right corner of the site.
Double click on the bidded flight you want to remove.. and poof it's gone!

2. Sim not recognizing locations. For many locations, they are not valid ICAO airports so
you have to save position when you arrive at those locations. IE Glacier locations, cabins and small airstrips ie: Kimsquit River Logging camp or airstrip: because although they are valid locations that have lat/long locations and can be used as a sim waypoints in a flight plan they are not a icao location that is recogized in the sim- so by loading a fp, the sim won't take you there as a recognized starting location. (So on arrival at such location, save your flight which also saves your aircraft position. The only other way is to move to these types of waypoint location in the GPS by their Lat/Long position:(which can be a bit of a pain) but Doug has an instruction manual on it here on the site: LINK: https://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/#g

IE:
Kimsquit River Logging Camp lat/long= N52° 53' 05" x W127°05'35.49"                   
Kimsquit River Airstrip lat/long=           N52° 52' 59" x W127°05' 21.90"   

Now, I have tried to show these in the tour documentation - to "save position" when we end a leg that has only a waypoint location - so if you save your position/save flight, your at the correct position to start the next leg.

There are thousands of these small locations: from lighthouses to cabins to docks to poi locations etc. etc. and with RTMM locations am trying to visit most of these points but over time, more and more, am trying to use valid airports for departure and destination points so that they are recognized in the sim as identifiable airport locations which makes it easier for pilots if they overlook saving their flight at a non-airport ICAO location). 

Sir Doug, it is possible for the Kimsquit River airstrip to have an adex.bgl entry to show it as a valid ICAO airport for the sims?

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

williamb

Norm, thank you for your comprehensive answer to my questions.   

WilliamB