Author Topic: cigar box giving an error  (Read 1861 times)

av8erjm

cigar box giving an error
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »
To whom it may concern Norm or Henry or ??? Was flying MFC0030 completed leg 3 landed at PACV and submitted the leg with the cigar box, went to tour center it  says I completed leg 4 from PACV to NRTN which I haven't When I go to the pilots page it says my last pirep was for leg 3. So I'm looking for suggestions as to what to do next, seems in my vague memory there is away to just record a leg with the cigar box, but can't remember how, So  I guess I'm looking for vectors as to how to proceed

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: cigar box giving an error
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 10:04:49 PM »
Hmm. Ok Jim. Happens once in a while-not too common but you indeed can just run a leg as a single flight.. Then carry on in the tour.   

To run the single flight: In the tour details or on the FP itself for a spefic flight leg there is the corresponding single flight Number. So you can run or re-run any tour leg flight.

IE: Leg 4 of tour MFC0030 is single flight # MFCT00361-6A1  (This is shown in the tour details and right on the flight plan that is in the tour download).

So you can either do one of the following to load this flight: (Or to load any other single flight).

1. Call up the flight schedules and bid on it as you would a tour leg. (Cigar Box will draw the flight leg as per usual.
(To get to the listing of all the single flights to be able to bid on the flights: 
> Go to the MFC site> Pilot Center >> Flight Operations section * View Flight Schedules >> Click Find Flights: (All of the single flights will load). Scroll down to the flight or search the page for MFCT00361-6A1
and you should go right to it:

MFCT00361-6A1 (PACV - MRTN)
Departure: 12:00         Arrival: 12:57
Equipment: C185F (N185TMM) Distance: 36.9nm
Days Flown: Su M T W Th F S
Route: Stop-over at 1. Softuk Bar Cabin (STUK)
Notes: MFC0030 Chugach National Forest Expedition Leg 04
                                                                                                               View Details
                                                                                                                 Pilot Brief
                                                                                                                 Add to Bid
Click "Add to Bid"  (And that field will change to Bid added)

In Cigar Box >> Run as normal >> Get Flight Data and the bid will load. Start > Fly the flight> File. Done

OR

2. In Cigar box>> "Main" tab >> Settings >> check the Search by Flight Number Box >> Save.

Then simply paste the complete flight #  "  MFCT00361-6A1  " into the Flight number box >> Get Flight Data and that flight should load. Fly and file.   Done.

Hope this helps Jim.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:01:49 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

Re: cigar box giving an error
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 10:16:29 AM »
OK thanks I'll give a try