Author Topic: sunken airfields  (Read 2117 times)

av8erjm

sunken airfields
« on: October 29, 2019, 02:07:16 PM »
Has anyone else who has finished MFC0029 had vector problems with sunken airfields. You get to the destination and the airfield is down in a hole. This has happened to me at dozen or more. I've run the auto config  program in Vector  but doesn't seem to correct the problem, if I do it manually then it works and the elv is correct no sunken airfield. Not sure if it's a landclass  and Vector not talking to each other or what. Sure messes up the landing ratings

Rangerick

Re: sunken airfields
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 03:38:04 PM »
When that happens, I go into my:  World.. Scenery... Scenery Library... folder in P3D... scroll down to the "Vector" entries and un-check them.

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 04:11:54 PM »
Right-on.. cause vector does display all the airports (but most "known" airports are in there - search by the ICAO.

For other abnormalities search can also try the "ALT. bgl" file which controls/establishes elevations) and for a bad location, look for that file for that location and if activated try deactivating it by add .OFF to the end of the file and give the location another try. Might help but might not.. and can try turning mesh off for that location/area.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 11:56:54 AM »
Maybe what I'm doing is something like that. When I come up on a sunken airfield now I have been pausing, then pressing Alt W S and go into the library, Then open Vector and then finding the ICAO for that strip, disable it and then go back to the FSX library and press OK to update the airfield. It's the only thing I've found that works, it's just that it's time consuming and at 72 time is at a premium