Author Topic: MSFS is alive  (Read 7932 times)

BobH

Re: MSFS is alive
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 09:21:55 PM »
Note that if you sign up for the insider testing you will have an NDA and won't be able to legally post here, or anywhere.

Don't expect to see any non-public info here.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 07:57:01 AM »
Another review with a little more information, especially about addons.

Http://inspire.eaa.org/2019/09/30/an-inside-look-at-microsofts-newest-flight-simulator/

The NDA was interesting, if they think what happens on an open forum will be a secret, with everybody posting elsewhere under different names, they are crazy...and “they” are Microsoft...and are not crazy. I wonder if that is more a marketing tease than a legal notice. We will be careful here that there are no copy/pastes from their insider forum, but ideas most likely will show up here ... especially if it has to do with something that affects RTMM.

BobH

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 05:38:37 PM »
The link was to a press report - they operate under different rules. They can likely report anything from the conferences. I was posting about individual testers which will be under an NDA. Likely there will be an Insider Forum where everyone is under NDA.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 09:55:00 PM »
Doug's last post contains the link I was going to post. Fascinating article and great screen shots. If it's true, yes, definitely a game changer, and an exciting one. The LM boys might be feeling a little nervous.  They're talking about a release date in 2020. A bolt out of the blue for us simmers.

jsapair
Jsapair

robw

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 02:03:38 PM »
I'm interested to see how this might affect RTMM (and MFC) in the medium to longer term. Until a product is released a lot of this is marketing, with more recognition by MS of their core audience than we've seen for a long time.

Of course it looks fantastic but I've recently noticed an interesting thing. I've started using X-Plane as well as P3D and with the right combination of add-ons it's looking more like MSFS2020 to me than P3D. But, I'm still enjoying P3D, once again with the right combination of add-ons I think it still looks decent.

Of course I may feel differently when a product is actually released but there are a lot of pros and cons to consider and no reason why I couldn't add it as yet another sim, getting benefit from all of them.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:05:11 PM by robw »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »
 I am hopeful that RTMM and our current scenery areas will continue to be relevant for at least a few more years. We should all just sit back and enjoy our hobby in its current form until the new platform is released. Then decide.

Some of us will continue using P3D, FSX, etc. and others will immediately make the jump to FS2020. There's no need to throw in the towel for awhile. I'm pretty sure that we will have a home here for awhile.

Just my 2 cents.

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
Yup!  Got some AI Vehicles from MAIW..

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2019, 04:13:41 PM »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2019, 04:40:00 PM »
Hello Dex,
that vehicle with working lights is really cool!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »
Here's a link to a little test at Stewart:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsavisohik9yxxa/Prepar3D%202019.11.27%20-%2016.04.26.01.mp4?dl=0

Why are the police at Stewart?  And Lights Blazing? Looks like a very indepth search for something!   

(very cool effect!)
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 04:46:32 PM »
We are hijacking the thread here, but could an AI routine be ”triggered” by proximity as sounds can be? I'm thinking medical dispatches and arriving vehicles when you get to the dock...hmmm?

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2019, 06:35:16 PM »
The aircraft AI are controlled by a flight plan and the departure of the AI vehicle is rigid.  There will have to be some synchronization of the flight arrival and the AI flight plan.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2019, 08:57:44 AM »
Great looking vehicles and the effects are very well done. A perfect fit for the Medical Dispatches for one.