Author Topic: MSFS is alive  (Read 7935 times)

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
MSFS is alive
« on: September 30, 2019, 09:41:12 AM »
Check this video..

https://youtu.be/Fj8h6yibHHc

Amazing..

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: MSFS is alive
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »
Wow!  Great video!  A game changer for sure. I have been aware of Azure AI and some of its capabilities for some time and everything Froogle says on the video is very believable.  I am glad I have excellent broadband speed.  Guess I will have to upgrade to Windows 10 because I am sure that will be required. :)   

Thanks, Dex. 

Rod
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 09:17:14 AM by stiletto2 »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 02:39:11 PM »
Check this video..

https://youtu.be/Fj8h6yibHHc

Amazing..

Thanks for the link.

Aye watched Froogle's video on Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 earlier today.. wow! Yes, it could be a game changer and next gen sim for sure! But as always fingers crossed. We'll see.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 09:10:57 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 04:28:23 PM »
What you saw in the video was pre alpha so I am hoping for the best.

Penzoil3

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 05:51:07 PM »
   8) I think I hear my credit card whimpering. Wow. I wasn't interested before, but... I think this is the first Froogle video I've ever watched all the way through.
 Sue

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 04:15:47 AM »
WOW pretty much sums it up for me.

It looks fantastic with a incredible feature set even as it stand now.

Fingers crossed for clarity on min.PC Spec and broadband speed.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 10:11:59 PM »
This is a complete paradigm shift in the flight sim world. An absolute game changer. I know I will want it on day one but I will wait for it like I tend to always do. So that those brave souls out there can get in the seat and help educate myself and other late adopters on what the new ride is all about.

I must admit, that I'm probably not going to be buying any new P3D airports or scenery because I don't think it would be a wise investment. Since I need to start saving up my hard earned cash for some 4K capable hardware and a speedier connection to get the real time data stream I would be most interested in. I understand that there will be several download options for the sims content, so that will also be a factor to consider.

I started using a desktop flight sim way back in 1988 and where it's now heading to is a very exciting thing to see.

Dieter

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 03:44:50 AM »
Admittedly, the pictures and videos shown so far are extremely good and convincing! Nevertheless, the excitement (or better said "hype") about this planned Mircrosoft product is too big in my estimation.
There are still too many uncertainties. In addition, we have been disappointed more than once  by Microsoft. The  offered videos doesn't say anyhing about reality and quality of the finished product. Many of us will remember the disaster with "MS Flight" - an arcade game but no flight simulator in our understanding!
And, (in worst case)  what happens if our complete sceneries, the whole range from Orbx to RTMM - should not be compatible? Many of us have spent 500 or more euros/dollars to have the best flight simulator ever with excellent sceneries.
Even if Orbx could/would transfer the data, it will not be free because the effort is immense I suppose.
Personally, I can not imagine giving it all up and starting over again. It's already enough that Prepar3D publishes a new version every year we have pay for.
But since we all do not know that, the motto should be: "Just wait and see"!
Then I will make a decision.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:09:42 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »
The videos all make it look very impressive. I've signed up for the "insider" hopefully to keep track of what is coming, but I'm too impressed so far, no forum yet, they give you a made-up "name" ... I hope they clean this up so we can use it.

I haven't seen one pontoon in any of the videos and I think I've watched all of them. I wonder if they'll have any bush planes (tundra, etc). Well, it's a long way off.  If you see things that might impact us, be sure to post it in this thread.

Thanks
Doug

Penzoil3

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 04:55:17 AM »
 8) Dieter, I don't think this needs OrbX. I think, if it lives up to the video; it surpasses OrbX, out of the box.
    If you have only spent $500, you are very lucky, over a 20 year span, I'm closer to $5,000.
 Sue

Dieter

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 05:41:25 AM »
Well Sue, 500 was just an example, I also spent much more through the years ...

"it surpasses OrbX"
I don't believe in miracles. Let's wait and see, we might talk about it in a year again.
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Penzoil3

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 05:50:49 PM »
 8) I did say "if it lives up to the video."
LOL
 Sue

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 08:02:27 PM »
 Absolutely we all need to take a wait and see approach. Microsoft has made it abundantly clear that this is first and foremost a Flight simulator and not an Xbox game. The members of the development team also said in front of the preview attendees that were invited to Renton this week, that they learned from the "MS Flight" debacle on what their core audience is, not gamers but serious flight sim users like us.

They've also said they are going to involve third party development and I am inclined to believe that includes company's like ORBX, etc. Now of course with an out of the box entire world landscape showing scenery like we're already seeing in these videos AND over 40,000 airports worldwide that come included as default, that kind of package will be a great starting point of course.

How a company like ORBX can shift their model to this new engine will be the determining factor. I have heard that there will be an SDK so companies may be able to work with that to make their product compatible in the new engine. I'm curious what Holger might have to say. He's been dealing with various simulator engines, code and sim software creation, for a long time.

I am hoping that there will be a way to introduce the already highly detailed airports that we own by ORBX and other various POI's that they've modeled into the scenery world of FS2020. Maybe using some kind of exclude tech that will remove the FS2020 objects at a given airport location and let the ORBX objects placed at that airport populate the satellite locations showing on the Bing Maps detail.

I've been holding off on any new sim purchases like I said before and I've also been so busy that any scenery development on my end has been non-existent. The pipeline may never get completed unfortunately. Unless there's a way to use our scenery inside those areas, I'm not going to want to develop scenery for awhile because I'll be too busy enjoying that 4K landscape displaying below me!!!

Again, I'm not going to say that what we've created here and done at RTMM will end anytime soon. Why? I think that we will still have our home here for quite some time actually because this is a legacy product software base that we are using already and it's over 10 years old. People will not all shift right away to FS2020. There could be cost limitations that prohibit users from being able to afford it. No pricing has been announced at all. What kind of content delivery requirements will it take? High Speed connections might not
 be affordable to some. Hardware requirements on computers, monitors and other things that we don't really know about that could be a deal breaker, lot's of things to think about that could come along that keep the FSX/P3D community alive for several years to come.

Let's sit back and enjoy the coming wave and embrace this new feeling of what's next for our hobby. I'm excited.

Brad

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
This hobby is always evolving for the positive. I am sure the the RTMM geniuses will figure out a way to adapt it to a Misty Moorings concept... hope so anyway!

With that said I will jump into it as soon as it comes out.
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 02:50:13 PM »
Well, The time has come for a new build anyway.