Author Topic: PAVD - BWEP Pipeline Broken  (Read 6023 times)

RCFlyer

PAVD - BWEP Pipeline Broken
« on: September 23, 2019, 12:18:40 PM »
I know, an old topic.  But, the BWEP pipeline is showing several separated joins at PAVD.  I understand it is usually a mesh issue.  I am not running addon mesh, just P3DV4.5 and Orbx scenery with payware PAVD.  I have ensured I have the correct RTMM scenery packs for the payware PAVD installed, have cycled my display resolution from 5m to 2m and back again several times, all with no change in the pipeline sections.  I have installed the latest updated BWEP scenery files.  I have checked other areas of the pipeline and the only location I appear to be having this issue with the PAVD area.

Any suggestions?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: PAVD - BWEP Pipeline Broken
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:39:36 PM »
As always is the case when having a problem such as this, a screenshot along with coordinates is essential, otherwise we're looking for a needle in an infinitely large haystack.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

RCFlyer

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 05:46:26 PM »
Please find attached the requested picture.

Thanks,

Danny

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 07:24:18 AM »
Please write the coordinates in a post for us. They're difficult to accurately see in your screenshot.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

RCFlyer

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 09:14:45 AM »
N61 5.11 W146 17.94

The reason the picture is so small is because of the file size limitation imposed by RTMM website.

Danny

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 01:07:52 PM »
Unfortunately that file size limit is an issue with screenshots. Thanks for the numbers. I'll have a look when I get to my desktop later.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
I can confirm that break in the pipeline with the payware version of PAVD. However, there is no break there in the default/non-payware version. I think it's something that we'll have to live with unless Brad creates the pipeline in that area for both versions. I also doubt that this has anything to do with the 2 versions of the BWEP/PAVD airport, payware/default.

As an aside, I never liked the payware version of this anyway. The terrain and vegetation is way too dark and the colors they used are off. And it doesn't matter how I have my monitor settings set up.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

RCFlyer

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 09:08:19 AM »
I thought the reason we had to install a version specifically for payware PAVD was so the BWEP scenery would work correctly.  It that is not correct, then why have a version specific for payware PAVD?

Danny

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »
There are 2 versions of the BWEP airports package. As the name implies, each zip file contains the BWEP airports, 1 zip for users with payware PAVD, and 1 for default PAVD. Briefly, the difference, as far as PAVD is concerned, has to do with the placement of RTMM airport objects in places that don't interfere with the payware ORBX objects. There is nothing in the RTMM, PAVD Payware airports scenery file that has any pipeline segments in it. The broken pipe segment that we both see is almost certainly related to an elevation or mesh glitch in the Payware PAVD scenery. It's just something that wasn't noticed or accounted for by Brad when he was laying pipe. If you think about it, Brad laid hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of miles of pipeline, (a mind numbing project,) and if that's the only glitch, a minor one at that, then Brad deserves a gigantic gold medal. (Actually he deserves one anyway.)

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

RCFlyer

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 08:51:48 PM »
Please understand, I was not knocking Brad's work efforts.  I was trying to understand better why the pipeline was not displaying correctly.  Brad has done a very good job and his effort are appreciated.  I did think the different versions had something to do with the pipeline, apparently an incorrect understanding.

Danny

rgerdes

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 09:59:23 PM »
Hi RCFlyer,
I can confirm the ORBX PAVD version that is on the RTMM site now doesn't display properly.

There seems to be a mixup with the files that are in the BWEP SAK Pipeline folder and the BWEP Airports Payware PAVD folder.
I say this because before the latest upgrade, using "RTMM BWEP SAK v2 for PAVD by ORBX" every thing worked as it should - pipeline was all connected and the buildings at the airport displayed correctly.

Now the disjointed pipes and the mis-mash of the buildings at the airport.

Maybe Brad needs to take a look.... :)

Hope this isn't something you and me have messed up in out installs, ::)

Hope this helps,
Bob

xxd09

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 03:59:47 AM »
I can confirm this-Pipeline at PAVD was working perfectly before recent RTMM update
2 steps forward 1 back
Can only agree that all RTMM,s work is much appreciated by all of us and especially by me
xxd09

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 08:27:18 AM »
Please understand, I was not knocking Brad's work efforts.  I was trying to understand better why the pipeline was not displaying correctly.  Brad has done a very good job and his effort are appreciated.  I did think the different versions had something to do with the pipeline, apparently an incorrect understanding.

Danny

I know that you weren't knocking Brad's work!

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2019, 08:30:52 AM »
Doug will have to take a look then, since he redid the BWEP Airports. I can't imagine what would have screwed things up since it doesn't look like any pipeline segments are even in the PAVD Payware package. Be patient.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

xxd09

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2019, 04:52:16 PM »
Gentlemen-I have just done a complete new install of my ZP3D v4.5 plus Hotfix 2 for various reasons-constipation!!!!!
At Valdez the pipeline is intact
Obviously the faults were with my system-a lesson for me
Thanks again for your efforts and fabulous scenery add-ons
xxd09