Author Topic: Cigar Box locking up mid flight  (Read 9226 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Cigar Box locking up mid flight
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »
There is thousands of pireps now in the system and every new one added adds more calculations for top pilot stats as well as all the pilots records. All takes time to process which I think is slowing responses but even with comms errors or slow ping backs the pirep usually goes through and is received on the site. So even if comm errors or time out errors just check the site and if your pirep is there just ignore cigar box error messages. The site has received your pirep.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:50:34 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0001

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2019, 12:42:19 AM »
There are several issues in play....as Norm has said, the number of Pireps now in the system slows down calculation for Top Pilot.....that Program in itself is problematic and has been since the day it wass released.  Now we have the choice not to use it or live with the problems.  Because it is not supported, what you see is what we have.....until someone takes on the challenge of a rewrite.  This isn't likely because the core program is undergoing a make over  In process now for several years there is no release date which just means we are in limbo until something is changed.

As for the lock up in Cigar Box, first of all this is a kaCARS II program, not kaCARS.  Unfortunately Jeff is no longer supporting the program, but the problems seems to have been a Microsoft issue that has been quietly resolved.  I wish I could tell you more, but the fact is that I was about to roll back kaCARS to the free version when all of a sudden we were back on line. 

There very well may be some lingering issues, but it seems like most functions are now active and we are back to as close to normal as possible.

Please let us know your issues.....we will do our best to resolve them.

Henry

Rangerick

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2019, 08:33:17 PM »
FYI... Cigar Box Shut down (Froze) for me this evening sometime prior to completion of the flight.??

Is there an option to file a manual PIREP for a Charter Flight ?  I tried unsuccessfully to do that.

"The flight code and number you entered is not a valid route!"

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:09:32 PM by Rangerick »