Author Topic: Cigar Box locking up mid flight  (Read 9228 times)

bawheeler

Cigar Box locking up mid flight
« on: September 18, 2019, 10:36:22 PM »
For the first time (after 120+ flights) I am having a problem with Cigar Box locking up mid flight.  I have re-installed it and there is no improvement. Basically I get airborne and then it dies along the way. If I switch to the application Windows says the app is "Not Responding". My only option is to kill the task, but then of course I can't file the PIREP.  Any suggestions?  Brian
MFC0074 -- MSFS on a Dell Alienware Aurora R7, 3.7GHz Intel Core i7 8700K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo flight controls, CH Pedals

tomse

Re: Cigar Box locking up mid flight
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 07:23:45 AM »
I have the same issue since yesterday on the MFC0029 leg from AK75 to PASH. Some seconds after take off CigarBox freezes completely and must be killed by the task manager.
I filed a Charter Flight from AK75 to PASH with the same result.
I started the leg before at PAOT which was no problem a few days ago (with the BID of MFC29) and Cigarbox crashed again.
I think it must be a server problem rather than an individual issue.
I actually ran MFC 29 twice  >:(

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »
... me too!   :(  For me, every time it locks up is at the exact same time.  Upon the wheels leaving the ground.  You can see in Tomse's screenshot.  The flight log stops on the same exact line in the text every time. 

fs(timestamp) Visibility: (x#) miles

The cigarbox window is rendered untouchable, and must be killed by the Task Manager.  It does not seem to recover on it's own, even though activity is evident in the task manager.  Memory usage numbers continue to change for the Kacars program during the frozen condition.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:24:13 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 08:43:52 AM »
Cigar box connectivity issue with the server? Has to be the server provider or connection to the database.  Henry could you please check server status asap?

N
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

John

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 02:35:03 PM »
I'm having same problem  :(

John

nbrich1

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 06:32:03 PM »
Well the mfc site itselt appears to be up. (site functions are working as well as submitting manual pireps) however there appears to be no connection between the site and the cigar box module or vice versa. Working on it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:06:50 AM by nbrich1 »

Patrick 94

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 04:39:55 AM »
Hello
.. moi aussi!   :(  Pour moi, chaque verrouillage est exactement au même moment. Sur les roues quittant le sol. Vous pouvez voir dans la capture d'écran de Tomse. Le journal de vol s'arrête à chaque fois sur la même ligne exacte dans le texte.

fs (timestamp) Visibilité: (x #) miles

Bests regards
Patrick

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 07:07:52 AM »
Hello
.. moi aussi!   :(  Pour moi, chaque verrouillage est exactement au même moment. Sur les roues quittant le sol. Vous pouvez voir dans la capture d'écran de Tomse. Le journal de vol s'arrête à chaque fois sur la même ligne exacte dans le texte.

fs (timestamp) Visibilité: (x #) miles

Bests regards
Patrick

That's exactly what I was saying.   ;D ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

bawheeler

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 07:30:55 AM »
Just tried a charter flight manually entering the same locations I want to fly in an MFC flight plan, same results.

Guess I'll go back to searching for Henrik's new AI ships until we have a fix...
MFC0074 -- MSFS on a Dell Alienware Aurora R7, 3.7GHz Intel Core i7 8700K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo flight controls, CH Pedals

nbrich1

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 09:22:08 AM »
Have done more testing to identify the issue. Our systems seem to be working as intended but the ACARS connection to the MFC web site is being blocked and is locking up the app some reason- appears to be a server provider host issue- like a firewall blocking the portals.. Henry is working on it with the host provider. Very frustrating.

In the meantime, MFC apps are all working fine and manual pireps can be used without issue for those who wish to record their flights/times which can continue to contribute to their the stats until this issue is resolved-one way or another. 

williamb

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 08:12:53 PM »
I am having the same problem.  Flew the Telegraph Creek to Gilbert Bay 3 times since yesterday.  I did not notice the problem on the first flight until after landing and trying to file the Pirep.  On the other two flights CigarBox locked up shortly after T/O. and the program behaved as others have described.

WilliamB 

tomse

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 06:35:04 AM »
Is there atleast someone whose Cigarbox works ok???

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

nbrich1

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 07:49:19 AM »
From our understanding - all the clients with Cigar Box are not working - Appears to be a comms issue which is freezing/locking up the Cigar Box acars client portion- like a virus might quareteen or comms stopped by incorrect port or a dot.net coding change. Henry is into it at the server level but appears not our stuff so it get much more complex. (Appears to be a wide spread outage for all kaCARSII users/clients (by FSProducts) and still trying to find the source of the issue).

RCFlyer

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 09:09:21 AM »
I wonder if this issue is related to the latest Windows 10 update?  The start of this issue, at least for me, started about the time my Windows system did its last upgrade.

Danny

av8erjm

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 10:17:55 AM »
Norm you say it seems to be for the whole KaCARSII has anyone contacted another virtual airline like Buffalo to see if they are having a problem also, just curious