Author Topic: PANT Elevation  (Read 2982 times)

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
PANT Elevation
« on: September 06, 2019, 03:36:44 AM »
Morning all..

I following the excellent tutorial to add Tongass X (by Poppet) and the Misty Moorings "Getting Started" guide as I once more "Return to Misty Moorings".

All of the libraries have installed correctly and the updated "Misty's Place" looks fantastic.

On checking the libraries I have a runway elevation problem at PANT.

My current setup is P3v4.5.  ORBX Global Base, Vector, Open LC NA, NA Pacific Fjords, NA Pacific NW and NA Southern Alaska.  All installed via ORBX Central using the addon.xml method.

Tongass X is also installed using the addon.xml method.

The scenery library is sequenced as indicated in the Getting Started guide.

There are also elevation problems at PAKT (ORBX).

I suspect it is a scenery layering problem but wondered if any users had similar problems or suggestions please?

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: PANT Elevation
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 11:25:16 AM »
Tongass X: firstly the 40 terrain.cfg entries must in the terrain.cfg file and correctly setup for use in P3Dv4x. Refer to step tables 5,8,9,10:
LINK: https://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#5
-------------------------------------------

Now if using add-on.xml method (which has advantages and disadvantages) then Tongass will NOT appear in the scenery.cfg. Because the two higher and lower entries do not appear in the scenery.cfg, FTXCentral will NOT see them as a scenery entry that can be sequenced or insertion point set so you will have to specify the layers# for both tongass higher and tongass lower) in the tongass add-on.xml entry which will force those entries into the correct scenery layers.

Normally if Tongass is in the scenery.cfg: the FTXCentralv3 insertion point would read: 
OpenLC entries must be place below Tongass LOWER.

So what you have to do is go to your scenery.cfg find the last OpenLC entries which might be
Title=ORBX!OPENLC_BASE if scrolling through the scenery.cfg top down. If that is the case:

Title=ORBX!OPENLC_BASE might be shown as  [Area.169]   (Layer=169)

Then Tongass X lower prority should be layer 170: so in your add-on.xml (Example:)

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Scenery\Tongass Fjords X\Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority</Path>
<Name>Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority</Name>
<Layer>169</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

and the entry for Tongass higher would be:

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Scenery\Tongass Fjords X\Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority</Path>
<Name>Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priority</Name>
<Layer>170</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

See forum post:LINK: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=124846

So the 40 terrain entries must be present in the terrain.cfg and the layering set so that Tongass higher and lower are sequenced between FTX and Open LC.
--------

Now that might help you setup layering using the add-on.xml however, PANT is not in the Tongass coverage area but scenery order or laying is still important. PANT (Annette Island Airport) must be placed above all RTMM Object Libs.  So if you have done RTMM scenery pieces by add-on.xml note the procedure above to ensure all the RTMM Libs are placed below all of the RTMM add-on scenery pieces.

Like Tongass X: Higher goes above Lower but must be between Open LC and FTX (and 40 Terrain entries must be setup in the terrain.cfg in P3Dv4x for correct layering.

For RTMM: All the RTMM Libs must below the add-on scenery pieces for correct layering.

(This is why the add-on.xml method can be a pain for some scenery pieces which requires specific placements for proper layering). It is much easier and more flexible for layered pieces to use the scenery.cfg and FTX insertion points to set up the scenery blocks - and scenery can still be placed on any drive/anywhere. As long as the path to them is correct the sim will find/load).

A bit long of a post but hopefully something in this might be of help.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 12:22:33 PM »
Norm

That will help a lot and gives me a better understanding.

I'ill work through your reply more thoroughly with a strong coffee by my side and report back.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 08:12:19 AM »
I think I have fixed the problem which I believe was caused by Lorbi Addon Manager (v1.43) and how it interfaced with ORBX Central.

After a lot of trial and error reinstalling ORBX Pacific Fjords and disabling "Auto Layer" in Lorbi Addon Manager and all elevations seems to be correct.

Thank you for the help.

Off to Misty Moorings we go....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:22:17 AM by lionwing »

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 09:24:15 AM »
That might surely explain it! Glad you're up and running again and have the correct elevation.   

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:29:44 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^