Author Topic: Hunter Bay  (Read 5892 times)

seejay

Hunter Bay
« on: January 30, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »
 I'm having a problem with the Hunter Bay scenery.    For the life of me I cannot get this scenery to install.  Ive tried every trick I know and followed the instructions to the letter--but, no go!! It won't show up in the Library, even though every indication up to that point is that all is okay, and that it has installed.   I have had no problems with the other sceneries. Any ideas ??   :)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Hunter Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »
I'm on it. Will delete mine I currently have installed in FSX. Then download our file. Install it and check things out in FSX. Will get back to you.

Brad

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
Seejay,

I have tested our file out and all is working as it should be. Make sure you don't click on the scenery folder when installing it into FSX. You don't need to go that far.

Unzip, Add folder for "Hunter Bay" into your Addon Scenery folder of FSX. And then follow the install instructions in the readme. Just highlight the main folder called Hunter Bay, then click on "Add" and exit from there.

Then you'll have it. Make sure you also have North America Active in the FSX Central for PFJ or other stuff will be out of whack.

Let me know,

Brad

seejay

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 08:06:02 PM »
Good Evening Brad..      I didn't think I did anything different, but, this time it worked just fine.  I have the whole scene including the falls and the Grizzly.     I have to say I'm impressed with the Bouys --- they are correct-- who is the sailor? , he knows the RRR code. Thanks for the help.   Just great Scenery.     :)

BeaverDriver

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 08:43:48 PM »
Hey Guys,
I too seem to be having trouble with this scenery (I think). I installed things a bit differently as I combined all packages into one Scenery folder within another folder called "Misty". So I entered in the FSX Scenery Library, "Misty" and did the usual entry for a Win 7 machine. Everything shows up except for Hunter Bay, from what I can tell. I checked that the Hunter_Bay_Cannery_01.bgl is in the Scenery folder, which it is. Now, when I search for Hunter Bay in the FSX Menu for Alaska, the only thing that comes up is near Palmer, AK, which is a long way from where this scenery takes place. Is it called Hunters or Hunter Bay in FSX, or does it go by another name? Thanks much!

Glenn
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

BeaverDriver

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »
Actually, never mind the help for now. I seem to have a serious layering issue:

Ketchikan looking north

I need to figure out what's going on here first, then solve the other issues. Many of the bases actually aren't showing up at the moment. If anyone has any clue as to why Ketchikan is under 2 feet of snow (above), I'd be glad of any tips. Thanks.

Glenn

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 11:25:34 PM »
Glenn,

I wouldn't recommend installing everything in one folder like that because it makes any trouble shooting almost impossible to track down. Keep things separate and then we might be able to sort through stuff easier.

My recommendation.

Brad

BeaverDriver

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 06:04:37 AM »
Hi Brad,
Yeah, that's usually the situation. Only problem is, I now have so many sceneries in there from other projects that it makes it nigh on impossible to find anything, never mind layer it  ;). This way I can isolate "chunks" of regions at a time, and then get down to the nitty gritty when I find the "section" of scenery. I'm starting to wonder if there is a way to have different scenery.cfg files and simply install which set I want prior to loading FSX. Not sure that's a good idea though, so I may just get rid of some of the scenery I don't use and simplify things a lot.

In any event, it's not Misty Moorings that's causing my problem at Ketch. I disabled MM in its entirety and it made no difference. The offending file (from all appearances) is the PFJ CVX file. If I disable that by deselecting it in the Scenery Library, all is good (there, at least). Since I'm not seeing others with this problem, I'm guessing it's something in my layering with it and I'll experiment around this evening. I have FTX layered as such:

FTX_NA_PFJ05_Scenery
FTX_NA_PFJ07_Mesh
FTX_NA_PFJ08_Custom
FTX_NA_NRM05_Scenery
FTX_NA_NRM06_CVX
FTX_NA_NRM07_Mesh
FTX_NA_NRM08_Custom
FTX_NA_PNW05_Scenery
FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX
FTX_NA_PNW07_Mesh
FTX_NA_PNW08_Custom
Tongass_Fjords_Higher_Priorty
Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priorty

There may be a problem there. I'm wondering if I need all my scenery files at the top, then all the CVX files, followed by the mesh files, etc. There's been no answer over at FT yet. Hopefully today.

Many thanks for the suggestion and quick reply Brad. I'll keep you posted in case anyone else runs into this.

Glenn

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 06:24:16 AM »
Glenn,

I believe the solution can be found at the ORBX forums area. I remember having to do something when I first installed "PFJ". See this thread and maybe your answer lies within.

Brad

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=28165.msg241650#msg241650

BeaverDriver

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 06:40:11 AM »
I'm seriously thinking of nominating you (Brad) for Sainthood  :D. That got it!! MANY thanks!!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem  ;)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »
Glad I could help