Author Topic: BWEP - Flying the Pipeline  (Read 3447 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
BWEP - Flying the Pipeline
« on: August 01, 2019, 03:21:36 PM »
We are getting ready to launch a new & improved BWEP web page. This will be a lot easier to navigate. It is also easier for us to update things for you. (This is a part of the 2019 Refresh Program).

I'm presently flying the entire length of the finished sections of the pipeline looking for any breaks (mis-matches in object alignment).  I've flown at 250-400 feet above the pipeline from Valdez to Winter Park and have found no breaks yet. I'm doing this without ANY 3rd Party Mesh. There are no problems so far.

Watching the pipeline alignment and keeping the plane at the correct altitude is a lot of hands-on flying (no autopilot with this!). And it can make you a little weary ... until you realize that Brad put every one of those sections there perfectly ONE BY ONE!!!  And when you get done being awed by that ... then think about the REAL pipeline and the men and women who built it in this BARREN landscape with unforgiving weather. An amazing feat for all.

Doug

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: BWEP - Flying the Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 02:10:51 PM »
Looking good

GrizzlyAir

Re: BWEP - Flying the Pipeline
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »
Third party mesh breaks it pretty much along its whole length.  I was using the Emerald Scenery freeware Alaska mesh for the interior and it was bad south of Fairbanks especially.  But turning it off and it was great.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:55:53 AM by GrizzlyAir »