Author Topic: AI Aircraft - No landing gear/wheels  (Read 10272 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: AI Aircraft - No landing gear/wheels
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 02:03:48 PM »
That is interesting ... THANK YOU ... got to keep that one as a reference.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 02:29:19 PM »
OK, Steve waved his "magic wand" over these and converted them.  I just put them in and where I  was getting a CTD (at PHKO) there is none now. But the big black plane that shows in my original pic isn't showing ... could be it is out flying around.  (Almost) bottom line, we may have fixed this one. I'm going to fly with it for a few days and make sure I don't get any more CTD's. If not, I'll send it to Javier and George at PhotoReal Hawaii, I'm sure they will appreciate it.

PS if this works, I'll post a link to the corrected AI planes. (But I'm going to look into that other site to see what is there too ... pretty interesting).

Thank you Steve!!

UPDATE ---------------------------

OK, the big black plane (the one in my pic) just flew over ... at least I think it did ... it only had lights, no body ... ghost plane? Steve mentioned one, during conversion, didn't have a texture. I know it was the big one because a cessna was trying to land at the same time and the bigger one aborted and it was huge in comparison. So does anybody recognize the big black airplane? It should be one of those on the attached pic. I'll then go in and see if I can pull it out, or perhaps find it on that other site that was mentioned.

Doug
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 02:41:08 PM by Doug »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 04:15:48 PM »
The plane in your pic above, with no wheels is the AI Lockheed C-141B Starlifter.  Model and Paintkit by Henry Tomkiewicz.  It is in the Hawaiian Airports Part 2 package.   ;)  There is a light and dark gray variation.   8)

The "AI Lockheed C-141B.air" file is dated 9/19/2001.   :P
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 04:22:58 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 04:46:06 PM »
Thank you Jeff.  Ok I'll focus on that one. When I put the AI planes in, I get CTD's all over the place. Steve and I worked on the 717 but that obviously wasn't the problem. Still playing with it. Going to fly with none and make sure all ok, then add one at a time ... could take a couple of days.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 05:15:30 PM »
Have to register to read it and their registration process is a bit over the top with all of the questions you have to answer. No thanks for just a one time access.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2019, 05:31:49 PM »
The ai model files have to be fsx native for P3Dv4x. Any that are fs9/fs98 model files will ctd in P3Dv4x.. I don't know how to convert them so simply removed all of the planes out, that is all that don't have fsx model files. That cures the ctd. Just no ai traffic if one uses it.

N
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

rgerdes

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 08:33:42 AM »
Doug,
Be sure to let me know which one causes the CTD when you find it.

By the way, some of those models were really old and made years ago.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 09:13:06 AM »
I've been in contact with Javier (PhotoReal Hawaii) and brought him up to date with what we have found and discovered so far. I invited him to join this thread. I suggested he "pull" the download for the AI Traffic part of George's Hawaiian Airports package as the models are incompatible with V3 and V4. 

The "no landing gear" was only an indicator. The problem is old FS9 AI Models that cause P3D V3 and V4 to Crash to Desktop (CTD) ... you'll see a "kernel dll" error with not much explanation. It is repeatable and the "indicator" this is the problem is when you are looking in a certain direction, the CTD happens. It will not happen until your view shifts to the particular direction. And you can repeat this. 

The problem is unfortunately based on time. These models are moving around, so it acts like an intermittent.  You can be in the same position an hour later, and the CTD won't happen ... that's because the errant AI Model is no longer in that previous direction.  So it is tricky to "find" the errant AI model.

Steve has done the "conversion" on the models, but there is still a problem. If you get this CTD, the problem is NOT Hawaii PhotoReal ... just take out the two sets of simobjects that you put in for the Hawaiian Airports ... that eliminates the problem. You can also turn your "traffic" slider to "off" and that stops the problem (but it also stops all AI traffic).

Bottom Line ... there is NOTHING WRONG with Hawaii PhotoReal ... it is one of the most beautiful packages I've ever seen on my sim. For the amount of detail, the frame rates are great, and it "IS" Hawaii ... I've been there, that's what it looks like!  For now, if you are going to get this package, install it but DO NOT install the Hawaiian Airport Traffic folders and files.

The scenery for the Hawaiian Airports is excellent ... better then FTX (I've disabled all of those airports). You can turn the FTX airports off for Hawaii by going into ORBX/Global/FTX Airports and changing the .bgl extension to .off.  You will want to do that for every file with these ICAO codes:

PHNY - Lanai City
PHHN ... Hana
PHBK - Barking Sands
PHKO - Kona
PHLI - Lihue
PHDH - Dillingham
PHMU - Wiamea_Kohala
JHL - (Lahaina) Kapalua
PHJR - John Roberts
PHMK - Molokai

That will give you the Hawaiian Airports (excellent!), without FTX interfering with them.

But for now, do not install the Air Traffic bgls or the SimObjects bgls that come with the Hawaiian Airports package if you have V3 and V4. (I'm betting FSX will have a problem with the FS9 AI models we saw).  We'll work on the problem from here and see if we can solve it.

Doug

PS Right now I'm working on this the "old fashioned way". I am putting in 2 models at a time and positioning at different airports, then doing a 360 sweep with the view. But again, this also depends on "time" and whether or not the errant model is actually "there" when I'm checking for it. Hopefully, I can find the problem model(s). As you can imagine, this is going to take some time. I'll keep this thread posted with updates.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:24:44 AM by Doug »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 09:28:52 AM »
Have to register to read it and their registration process is a bit over the top with all of the questions you have to answer. No thanks for just a one time access.

Steve

Yes, I agree.  Four or five questions about how many engines does "X" type of jet have.  And that is after filling out the 6-letter pictograph.  Also a code for SanFrancisco.  SFO, with no "K".  What a challenge.  I had to use google.  (the 727 has 3 engines).

I did the deed, and once all questions were correctly answered, I sent it for review.  An email would let me know the results ... soon.

( ... watched some youtube videos while waiting ... )

I've been accepted.  Yay!!  Now I can view their forum pages ... finally.   :P

[time passes] :o
... and now it's the next morning, and I still haven't gone there.   :P

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 10:32:06 AM »
Misc SimObjects Group ... I just had a CTD at PHKO (start there, then swing the view) when you point toward the ga parking area, you get CTD. So there is something wrong in that group for sure. ... (as I discover more, I'll post in this thread post). - Doug

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 11:12:59 AM »
Just a note: FSX should have no problem with handling FS9 AI models. The problems related to FS9 stuff started somewhere during the evolution of P3D. P3D also, unfortunately, broke conditional objects, such those that allowed users to tune to a certain radio frequency in order to open hangar doors.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »
OK, that explains something ... George (who made the ai traffic) only has FSX, so he wouldn't see the problem.

Doug

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 01:33:21 PM »
All of the "Aircraft" group are working ... no CTD yet.
Put in the first 6 so far for the "Misc" group ... now we have landing gear/wheels
... more to do.

Update: added each MISC group plane ... they are all in, and I just flew all around the big island (quickly) in an F35 ... going close to the airports that are affected by the ai traffic. No problems. Going to now fly with the Twotter and see if all stays the same.  (Steve may have fixed all of this).

Update: flew from Maui to Oahu (Dillingham) with no problems (so far).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:10:11 PM by Doug »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »
How's the search going in Hawaii Doug. Any further CTD's?