Author Topic: New Pilot-Listing New Arcraft for Tour Flights  (Read 1740 times)

williamb

New Pilot-Listing New Arcraft for Tour Flights
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:20:04 PM »
Hello, I am William Butler and recently returned to Misty Moorings after an extended absence and new to Misty Flying Club.  First I would like to thank Norm Richards for his help in getting me setup in Misty Moorings and Misty Flying Club. His expertise is invaluable.

I have now completed The Misty Triangle Introductory Tour and the first two legs of the Hub Excursion and believe I have the Cigars program, individual FP bidding, Tour bidding, and Pirep submission, etc. down.  I do have a question: How are aircraft from my FSX fleet entered into Cigars?  I have tried to enter the A/C reg. and type in the XXXXX-XXX-XXX location in Cigars to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.

I am thoroughly enjoying the flying.

WilliamB       

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: New Pilot-Listing New Arcraft for Tour Flights
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 03:20:11 PM »
When you sign up on a tour there is a requirement to select the aircraft. (AC500 is the 1st plane in the MFC aircraft listing so if no selection is made the ac500 will show.

So when you start a tour change/select an aircraft that you want to fly for that tour then join the tour and that airplane will be the default applied for each leg in that tour.

Optionally there is also a feature in cigar box (lower left side of cigar box) where you can choose an aircraft for any flight leg including tour legs. So to change your plane for a flight leg: load a tour flight, then select an airplane then push load button and that selected airplane will be applied to that flight leg. This must be done before you push the start flight.

Hope this helps.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

williamb

Re: New Pilot-Listing New Arcraft for Tour Flights
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 11:16:36 PM »
Thanks Norm,

I also had question about adding an aircraft to the drop down menu in the Cigar box. I fly a Milviz DHC2 amphib N323KT.  I thought the XXX...'s in the last spot on the Cigar box aircraft list were for a user to add an aircraft.    After reading your responses to "emko" DC6 and others,  I realized the MFC fleet additions require specifications and performance to be included and cannot be done by user.

WilliamB