Author Topic: What is your favorite Amph?  (Read 2433 times)

Tinman

What is your favorite Amph?
« on: June 15, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »
Looking for recommendations for a amph plane that has a good cockpit and realistic instruments. a short list of requirements would be.. (Unless I overlooked it, FSX SE doesn't have one default.)

--STOL
--decent speed.  ideally  in the 150-200 range but I know that may ne unrealistic with STOL. (I guess I get board just cruising)
--realistic looks.  Not that I would know, so I guess I just need to think is realistic  :)  the inside is more important than the outside.
--I like it to have a GPS available, I'm not that good at navigation.  Dead Reckoning takes on a different meaning for me.  I think that goes along with getting board just cruising, that's why I would like to get up to MP and talk to people while I fly.
--Payware is ok... up to about $50 USD if its worth it.
--Nav and Nav2, com 1 and 2, DME and ILS capability.  I like the challenge of running an approach plate once and a while.
-realistic checklist and stuff.  I hope to spend a lot of time in it to get more realistic in my "flying".
--doesn't need to be modern, I like the  DHC2, but its not an amph.  The default goose is just OK for my taste, a bit clunky at first blush.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Tinman

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: What is your favorite Amph?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 09:47:52 PM »
 8)

Of course, The Aerosoft Beaver X is a beauty of a plane.  Time can't take 'er down.  My favorite, by far.  :-* :-*

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 06:39:00 AM »
Indeed - Aerosoft Beaver DHC2 is on of the best. Another crackerjack is the Carenado C185. (Single Engine non-turbo)

(For a twin..(Turbo) there are a couple a good ones that have amphibious models:
Aerosoft DHC6 Twin Otter (Twotter)  and
Lionheart Quest Kodiak

Norm
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 12:54:11 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 09:53:01 AM »
I love the Aerosoft Beaver X.

Rod

Tinman

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 11:19:13 AM »
I can see why you like the Beaver X.  It has a certain amount of classic charm while being rugged.  I like the default, but it's
not an amph.

The videos of the Aerosoft DHC6 Twin Otter shows great detail.

The Carenado C185 has a great modern flight deck.  It look great to.

Thanks for you input.  I guess I could get away with a float but it would be hard to do an ILS approach with one.

Thanks again for your responses.

Mark

emko

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 03:09:13 PM »
Milviz Beaver and Aerosoft Twin Otter.

rgerdes

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 06:15:19 PM »
+1 on the Milviz Beaver

BernieS

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »
I've recently bought the Milviz DHC2 Beaver & really like it.

I had the Aerosoft one for years but somehow this one just feels "better".  The engine sound is also an improvement I think.