Author Topic: New Microsoft Flight Simulator coming!!!  (Read 6790 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: New Microsoft Flight Simulator coming!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 04:47:53 PM »
ORBX said it wouldn't happen because they were obviously working on it and didn't want the world to know until it was ready. When it WAS ready, and only then, they released it so that they could profit from it. What would you expect someone to say about a product that was under wraps?

Steve

Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »
Let's be clear, Orbx hired a bunch of experienced expert X-Plane ortho scenery developers which suddenly gave them the manpower to get True Earth out the door in quantity and start making more money.  All of their FSX/P3D developers are tied up on other projects making money.  This is one of the reasons True Earth P3D is lagging so far behind True Earth X-Plane.  JV has even posted that he has more FSX/P3D talent coming on board soon to help Orbx catch up on the FSX\P3D True Earth releases.     

Sorry to disappoint you, BBQSteve, but the difference in developing scenery for X-Plane vs FSX/P3D is like the difference between speaking English fluently and speaking Japanese fluently.  I don't expect a lot of FSX\P3D developers to start doing X-Plane development in the near future.  I don't expect any RTMM developers to be making that jump in the foreseeable future.

To put this thread back on topic, for me, the big question is what will the scenery development structure for the New Microsoft Flight Simulator be like.  If any of it resembles the P3D scenery development environment, it would give the new Microsoft Flight Simulator a real boost.   

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 03:59:35 PM »
Rod,

I agree. Keeping this on subject, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a great thing to find out that all of our work for almost 10 years now will not be out of date with the new MSFS 20 platform. However, if not, then there will still be a few years of FSX/P3D usage for us to play with until things move on permanently.

Time will tell. Who knows, with the talent on this team, I am thinking that we might be able to come up with a solution that is workable.

We will see.