Author Topic: The Skypark simulation enhancement  (Read 3559 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
The Skypark simulation enhancement
« on: June 08, 2019, 10:17:11 PM »
Here's a great write up discussing the session I attended today announcing the upcoming "Skypark" simulator enhancement being developed from Parallel 42 and soon to be available on ORBX.com.

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/p42

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: The Skypark simulation enhancement
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 05:50:02 AM »
I don't quite understand all ins and outs of the concept, but my first impression is that a $14.95/month subscription fee is pretty steep for the average person, even if that's in Australian dollars.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 12:25:52 PM »
I don't quite understand all ins and outs of the concept, but my first impression is that a $14.95/month subscription fee is pretty steep for the average person, even if that's in Australian dollars.

Steve

I agree.   :o

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 04:49:02 PM »
Okay well we will see if it’s something others might embrace or not. If I get to test with it, I’ll let you know what I think.

Brad

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »
There was another company working on this - was supposed to be released this year but appears that ORBX must have taken over that project - sounds like the exact same.

It's apparently an all in one flight type of sim module - that combines several apps together in one add-on flight module: ie: Might comine all the folowing concepts or apps: Vatsim/vpilot network, multiplayer-connectivity, FSCloud mapping, Air Hauler2 cargo package, Embedded Comms: similar to Discord or TS3, Radio comms like vpilot or FSCloud, possibly an embedded world weather module and possibly a VA type system to be able to create or define charter flights or for a pilot to run free flights and provide some type of acars which provides the ability to achieve logbook type stats like most clients already do.

Good idea actually and good business strategy by ORBX (Or any company for that matter) to create a one stop shopping type of service module that combines all the varied simming apps under one roof then charge fees to use it: a monthly pay for use fee initially to be able cover the design, server and usage costs and to generate consistent revenue from as many as possible who might use all or some of the current single apps that do the same thing: each doing their own piece - (not combined in one module or programs that  SkyPark might be).

At 15.00$$ or so monthly might be too rich for the average/novice simmer but the diehard simmers, mainly IFR tubers and there are many, will probably go for it. We'll see. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:00:36 PM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »
At current exchange rate, it converts to about $10.50/month, $US. A little bit more reasonable. Of course for Canucks like Norm, it more like Canadian $13.85/month.  :)

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 01:26:55 PM »
Plus applicable Taxes if any. lol.   

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »
See this video that was part of the announcement at FSExpo19

https://youtu.be/aN9yvqNvXt4