Author Topic: missing airstrip  (Read 4756 times)

av8erjm

missing airstrip
« on: June 06, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »
On MFC0022 leg 14, there was suppose to be a stop over at 7AK/PAUT. I couldn't pull up any info on the GPS for either identifier as to runway length and elevation and when I arrived at the waypoint could not see any evidence of an airstrip. Once I arrived at PACS, I closed down the box and went into the map page and typed in the lat/long I got from Air Nav and there was still no airstrip to be seen. Curious as to what scenery pkg I'm missing

nbrich1

• Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: missing airstrip
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 10:27:15 PM »
Tours 22 and 23 are very barren areas Jim. There is no RTMM add-on scenery for most of those location in that area.. but the tour routes being continuous and progressive do cover those areas. I did put some "rest" stopovers in coves/bays and other non-populated scenery locations to create legs that create some what of a challenge with multiple landings but the scenery is very barren and almost non-existent down the Aleutian Chain and around Kodiak. (One of the RTMM scenery makers and pilot at MFC is creating some addon scenery pieces that will help add some scenery to that and the following tour on/around Kodiak Island.     

Norm

(Thanks Dr. Thomas)
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 07:47:37 PM »
Norm just got home and will take a look at the Kodiak sceneries The thing I was questioning is the 7AK/PAUT airstrip, there's nothing there, no gravel strip, windsock, nothing. I did find one scenery pack at AVSIM for the strip  https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=7AK+Paut&CatID=root&Go=Search but nothing connected with RTMM, I posted a couple pics one with and one w/o I just didn't know if I'm missing a scenery file from RTMM

nbrich1

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »
You're not missing any RTMM add-on scenery for that area cause there is none .. yet. Yes a few other misc Alaska scenery pieces on AVSIN and flightsim.com (Freeware).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 09:48:54 PM by nbrich1 »

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 09:53:51 AM »
OK, surprising that FSX or P3D or ORBX wouldn't have had at least a gravel strip there, when I get back this PM I'll try to look at that Kodiak pkg

av8erjm

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 02:31:09 PM »
Norm here's the pic I was referring to at 9Z3/Lilly Lake

nbrich1

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »
Yup see it Jim.. haven't had a chance to load it yet but will when have a chance. Shortly!
But disable any mesh and give a try without... Could be that..... but also could be affected by Global or openLC NA- will play with it when I get a chance to check it out.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 01:34:17 PM by nbrich1 »

dexthom

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »
The only airport file for Lilly Lake that I have on my system is the default which is a water runway with
start locations.  The photo shows the runway doesn't agree with the terrain elevation.  Awhile ago, I
suggested that Kodiak Island was ripe for development.  If you have an ADE file, please attach it and I
will have a look.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:39:23 AM by dexthom »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »
av8erjm,
The screenshot looks like it's coming from an RTMM teams' internal beta version of 9Z3 Lily Lake, am I correct? I can, and have, been able to fix the valley in the water because the runway elevation in the ADE file is wrong, but I'm also wondering how you got the beta. There are also numerous scenery object conflicts and other problems in the RTMM team's internal beta that I've discovered.

Dex,
For what it's worth, I'll send you the corrected ADE file to look at. I corrected the altitude as removed the taxi lines that show on the water.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:25:07 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 10:45:17 PM »
My cause Steve. Normally would keep in house but Jim and I were discussing the exact tours in this area similar to the discussions with the scenery designer concerning the barren-ness of this area.

Jim having just completed MFC tour 22 and is now on MFC tour 23 (Kodiak Island) to which is the same tour route/flight legs as the proposed scenery is designed and covers and even though still in a beta format thought it fitting and of benefit for Jim to run the scenery and assist in reviewing the locations as the flight legs are directly inline with the beta scenery locations. Do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused.

Norm
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 08:30:30 AM by nbrich1 »

av8erjm

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 09:56:27 AM »
This Lilly Lake thing confuses me, I hate to assume, but supposedly we are all using the ORBX products, IE land class, Vector ETC, so why are we all not experiencing the same problems in the pics

nbrich1

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 12:46:39 PM »
Now one thing Jim.. it was set up in FSX/Acc but on P3D.v4.5 from which is slightly different from FSX and P3D even up to P3Dv4.4  with Global, OpenLC NA and Vector. Don't know if the running sim version makes a difference but you are in FSX so the scenery might be at incorrect elevation or with other variations not experienced in P3Dv4.5. Only the scenery experts in here (Dex/Steve) might be able to figure it out and adjust the necessary ADE files perfectly.

Norm

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 01:17:05 PM »
The water runway properties in the ADE file was set to the wrong elevation setting, among other things like the taxiway lines showing in the water. I fixed them and sent it to Dex. There's also numerous other problems in the IS3 placed objects. This whole location should be redone. Has nothing to do with what sim you are using or what sim was used in the scenery creation.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:19:43 PM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 08:17:19 PM »
I'm not seeing a problem at Lily Lake. I'm running Global/Vector and LC with the Pilot 10 mesh ... same as we are recommending for BWEP.

Doug

nbrich1

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 08:35:40 PM »
I didn't see a problem their either Doug but we are in P3D with other are in fsx.