Author Topic: Kacars issue  (Read 1984 times)

MFC0040

Kacars issue
« on: June 03, 2019, 03:04:01 PM »
Hey guys,
been a long time since i was last here, so i finally managed to get the sim back up and running again and was so excited o get back to the club, but i am fighting this kacars issue. Whenever i start kacars my sim goes from ok to very bad twiching constantly and i have been unable to identify the cause of this.Its making me very sad beacuse now i have to fly all alone in my sim:) which is half the fun lost:). The very exact same thing happens with the AKA bluebox so something must be wrong in general with this kacars thingy...
Though i have already installed all the addons which took me like 2 days and then,at the end of course, i stumbled upon this problem, i would gladly reinstall all of fsx if i would know that would solve the issue, but i hope someone here might have some info what and why this is happening. I was running win7, issue was present at the very start and with fresh copy of windows with almost nothing else installed on this rig. I upgraded then to win7 SP1, fsx as it seems runs the same as before the update, but unfortunately the kacars problem persists...
Please help me:), i am hugely annoyed by this and already missed like 30hrs of flight:)...

thank you for any info...

Cegnar Miha

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Kacars issue
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 04:53:56 PM »
Welcome back.. been a while Miha

Hmmm.. honestly don't know why acars is doing that... have to Run as admin.. and make sure at least the free version of fsuipc is installed in your sim..also make sure your antivirus is not eating any of the acars files..  would be best to uninstall cigar box then turn off the antivirus and then Install cigar box . And set it up to run it as admin all the time.(setting in properties .). Never heard of this problem before.. (unique to your pc) seems like.  But try the above to see if the problem can be rectified.

Norm
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:58:34 AM by nbrich1 »
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

MFC0040

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 06:53:54 AM »
Thank you for the welcome Norm, and for the reply. Yes i though that might be the case, that this problem is unique to my rig as i found 0 info about this problem online.This computer only runs FSX and nothing else, so antivirus is not even installed, fsuipc is installed and working fine as far as i see, also reinstaled cigarbox but no success. It all seems i just might have to uninstall everything and put it back up as a last resort though. Ill try that run as admin all the time thing, ill report if that or anything else worked.

thanks,

Miha

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 02:05:02 PM »
Uninstalling everything and then reinstalling is a very radical step to take, and is unnecessary 99.9999% of the time just because some add-on or 3rd party component isn't working properly. It's almost always a configuration problem somewhere. Just sayin'.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 02:44:25 PM »
For sure Steve.  Now unless your windows user account is corrupt (I had that in windows 10 with their corrupt updates..twice!!... but never in Windows 7),  should never have to reinstall the OS.. but should always in install and run all the stuff as admin - Install FSUIPC as admin, install and run Cigar Box and the SIM itself as admin: All must run as admin all the time. Turn off UAC - and if you can avoid it, don't install stuff to Windows protected folders!
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^