Author Topic: CIRP AI Maule Bromley  (Read 4520 times)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: CIRP AI Maule Bromley
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 03:16:05 PM »
Good news!  The new, fully working, version of CIRP Bromley Peak AI Traffic V2.1_3 is now available!  It will download as CIRP Bromley Peak AI Traffic V2.1_3_2.    You can find the link at the bottom of CIRP Air Operations.  Here is a link to that section:  http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/cirp/#e

Rod

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »
Rod - take a bow, my man. Fantastic work! I love it. Have a beer on me! "Good news" indeed!!!

Now that the Maule problem is no more, can we talk regarding the Stolly?

May I make a suggestion concerning the manual. It's to do with the Ground Handling gauge: 

Could you mention that you have to activate it?

I had been driving the Stolly more or less uncontrollably for around three quarters of an hour and was wondering why this vehicle was a nightmare to drive. Then, quite by chance, I clicked on the 'Taxispeed' area of the gauge, et voila, a green activation light! So this helped no end.

Also, could it be pointed out that when the Stolly hits the brakes to meet the Taxispeed, the red  'Brakes' warning box will show in its usual place. When it first happened to me I didn't realise what was going on at first so I thought my rudder pedals were developing a fault because I was not using them at the time for braking. It was only by observing the taxispeed gauge that made me realise the reason why was the Stolly. Phew.

I also feel the advice to set the taxispeed at 25 is a little ambitious. I started at 4 [the min] and gradually increased and 8-10 is a good starting range. If one can drive this thing at 25 then I tip my hat to them. I'd suggest advising drivers to start at 10 and work their way up to a speed they are comfortable with.

I  would also mention it is prone to shooting off at high speed, in reverse mainly, despite brakes, the parking brake, no throttle, no mixture and switched off. It was very annoying when I was parked [a rare event] watching the Maule flying in only to be suddenly zooming off in reverse across the glacier! You might also notice the parking brake deactivating resulting in an  instantaneous take off.

The above re the Stolly does of course assume that my experience is typical and that I'm not stupid and is meant well.

Once again my congratulations to you on a job well done.

Regards
Josh

PS Tell Doug he did a good job in respect of the folder structure of the zip file. Good to get that extra layer removed.

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 07:58:25 AM »
Hi Josh,

Thanks!  I am glad the AI Maule is working well for you now.

As far as your informative post on improvements to the "Stolly" documentation which I am guessing is referring to the CIRP Stalwart......one of the things that we do do on this site is to try and keep threads on topic.  I would repost the parts of your post about the Stalwart improvements in a new thread titled CIRP Stalwart Documentation Improvements or something like that or else add it to this recent thread:

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4513.msg38699#msg38699

You are providing good feedback and it should be posted where it will catch the eye of all those interested in or using the Stalwart.

Rod 

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 09:25:50 AM »
Hi Rod

Thanks for the guidance. Yes, I was referring to CIRP Stalwart.

I have started a new thread:

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4520.0

Regards
Josh

R7 5800X RTX4070ti 12gb 32gb 3200 DDR4 Corsair 110h v2  34" UW 1440p 100hz  1tb SSD-OS 1Tb M2 Cambridge 5.1 audio Honeycomb A + B TM pedals Corsair K55+M55 Seasonic 750w plat

Garry

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 09:35:17 AM »
Rod
New link - I removed my original post to make it more concise and correct a typo or two.

http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=4522.0

Josh